8 Reasons Sundays Are the Worst

8 Reasons Sundays Are the Worst

As illustrated by "Game of Thrones" because it makes Sundays better.

170
8 Reasons Sundays Are the Worst
imgix.net

Sunday scaries got their name for a reason: they are terrifying and they suck. All of a sudden you wake up, and even though you've been sleeping for 14 hours you're exhausted, you feel like crap from the night before and/or from all of the food you've been stuffing your face with (calories don't count on the weekend right?) -- and you are hit with the fact that you have a mountain of homework due tomorrow on top of that research paper you haven't started and those internship applications. I'm going to stop because I have anxiety just writing this. Deep breaths. The one beacon of light on this particular Sunday, however, was the "Game of Thrones" season six premiere, so in its honor I bring to you the eight reasons Sundays are the worst, as illustrated by "Game of Thrones."

1. You wake up.

And you're either so hungover you're not sure how you got here or you've been sleeping so long you're not sure what day it is.

2. You finally make it out of bed.

Only to realize that you have two papers, should most likely take a shower, a group project, a problem set, need to work out, 17 emails to respond to, and it's not looking like you have time to go on that bagel run. Ugh!

3. You get a recap of the night from your friends.

Just stop now, I don't need this negativity in my life. Stop showing me the selfies I sent you, telling me about the hot dogs I ate from the street vendors and remembering how I tried to bring the shopping cart back on the dance floor. Today is terrible without all of that knowledge.

4. You reminisce on your eating habits.

Honestly unacceptable. I can't tell if I'm proud because YOLO imma live my life and be happy or horrified by what I put into my body. Monday I'm getting things back on track. Even though I say that every week.

5. You realize you have to head to the library.

And a part of your soul dies. It might be necessary in order to be in any way productive (I will probably read one page in three hours), but it still hurts.

6. You realize how behind you are.

But alas it's approaching 7:00 and time is running out. Why do I do this to myself every weekend? I still have 50 flash cards to go through, and the first 50 haven't stuck at all. Feelings of worthlessness begin to set in.

7. You force your friends to entertain you.

They probably have things to do too, but you need to distract yourself from the suffering and remember that there is joy left in this world. Personal favorite activities include ordering over priced take out, lying on the floor in heaps, driving with extremely loud cliche music, or FaceTiming my roommate from across the same room (texting is acceptable if you can't speak at this time).

8. Finally, you accept your fate.

Well, another Sunday for the books. I probably did 1/3 of what I needed to, it's probably 1 a.m. and I'm only finally hitting my work groove, and I will probably hate myself tomorrow when I need to makeup for my lack of productivity. What can I say, Sunday's are scary.

The only thing that isn't scary about Sundays? "Game of Thrones." Actually praise that you are back!