7 Things To Do In New York This Fall

7 Things To Do In New York This Fall

There certainly is no shortage of fun fall activities in New York, so get out there and enjoy everything from all across the state has to offer!

18
7 Things To Do In New York This Fall
Little Rock Family

When you hear ‘New York,’ you automatically think of the Manhattan classics like Central Park, Times Square, and yellow taxis. Sometimes people forget about Long Island and upstate NY. People not from America don’t know anything besides Manhattan exists. While Manhattan is one of the most beautiful and action packed cities in the world, there are so many things to do just outside the city that never sleeps. Long Island and upstate NY are hidden gems if you know where to look.

Here are 7 fun things to do this fall all across New York state!

1. Jekyll and Hyde

Starting off in Manhattan, enjoy a nice meal at Jekyll and Hyde in a spooky Halloween-themed bar and restaurant. It features a Create-Your-Own-Monster-Burger, pizzas, pasta and a wide variety of cocktails, beer, and wine. Decorated with souvenirs from Dr. Jekyll’s adventures and travels, it is definitely unique and odd from one end to the other. Playing in the background is spooky ambiance and sometimes, the décor comes to life and interacts with customers. If you’re a Halloween lover or want to try something out of your comfort zone, Jekyll and Hyde is the place to be! It’s also a 12-minute subway ride from Penn Station so it’s super convenient.

2. Madame Tussauds

Continuing your journey through Manhattan, you’ll definitely want to go to Madame Tussauds wax museum located in the heart of Times Square. Featuring hundreds of wax celebrities, actors, singers, and athletes, this is the closest you will get to “meeting” your favorite. The lineup includes Jennifer Lopez, Anne Hathaway, Johnny Depp, Marilyn Monroe, Abe Lincoln, Michael Jackson, Eli Manning, and more. There’s no shortage of restaurants, so make it a night out with a good meal with friends meeting the world’s biggest celebs! It’s just one subway stop away from Penn Station, so it’s also very convenient!

3. Ripley's Believe It Or Not

Another spooky place to visit that is also in Times Square is Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Robert Ripley was a traveler, adventurer, and collector who has been around the world in search of seeing odd and unusual things and even collecting some along the way. He opened several “Odditoriums” which house these findings and exotic artifacts from his travels. One of which is located on 42nd street in the heart of Times Square as well. Fun for people of all ages, Halloween lover or looking to try something new, this is the place to be this fall!

4. Spooky Fest

Now, heading east on Long Island, there are plenty of family-friendly attractions and events. One of them being the Spooky Fest in Rockville Centre. There are different levels of spookiness, fun for people of all ages. There is a Not So Spooky Walk for children, and a Scary Walk for those who are brave, or at least think they are. There are also arts and crafts for kids, and a maze, as well as an animal exhibit. It takes place in mid-October and tickets are $10 and $15.

5. Bayville Scream Park

Going further out east, located in Bayville is the Bayville Scream Park. It features 5 attractions and a few bars and restaurants. Attractions include a haunted mansion, a clown themed 3D funhouse, an ancient temple of terror, Curse of the Zombie Pirates, and Evil in the Woods. They also have Not So Scary Days for kids, that include activities such as mini golf, rock climbing, and treasure hunts. Each attraction is $19.95 or you can purchase a 2, 3, or all 6-combo package. If you’re interested in scaring people, you can get paid for it! The park is hiring for different positions including actors, ticket sellers, and concession. Grab your friends and get ready to get spooked!

6. Hiking

If you’re more of a go-getter, New York has plenty of hiking trails. The Finger Lakes Trails spans from Allegany State Park to the Catskill Mountains. It passes through the Finger Lakes and Syracuse. There are also a bunch of loop and side trails. This trail also links up to other trails along the way including the North Country Trail. There is no shortage of adventure and beautiful views in upstate New York. The trail spans about 1,000 miles, so get your hiking gear and your friends and enjoy some one on one time with nature!

7. Apple (and pumpkin) Picking

For those who are less adventurous, New York offers some of the best places to go apple and pumpkin picking. The Apple Ridge Orchards in Warwick offers apple, pumpkin, and even peach picking. Fun for people of all ages and especially families, there are hayrides, farm animals and cornfields to explore. They also offer Honey Bee Observation, which teaches you about the importance of bees and how honey is made. To top it off, they also have a farm stand where homemade and fresh apple cider, apple donuts, apple butter and plenty of other treats are for sale!