7 Reasons That I'm Thankful For A Big Family

Thank you for the never ending love, support, and laughs!

216
Arushi Patel

I may only have one sibling, but when it comes to my extended family, big and chaotic is definitely an understatement. Nothing has been as influential on my life as my family and if anyone knows me, they know that I love talking about how great I think my family is. So here are some reasons why I am thankful for coming close-knit, large family!!

1. There is always someone to talk to and support you

Friends are great, but it is so nice knowing that whatever it may be from friend troubles, to help with homework, someone in your family has gone through something similar and has your back. And, the best part is even if they can’t help you right away, they work the hardest to help you.

2. You have the BEST vacations

Believe me when I say going on a 20 person vacation is hectic to say the least, but the pure joy that comes from one is unmatched. Even if we aren’t going far, spending time together during the holidays is always so eventful and usually involves great food!

3. You have so many teachers and mentors

I don’t know about your family, but nobody in my family is perfect, but more importantly, everyone has characteristics and qualities that I try to emulate. There is no wisdom like the kind that you get from the adults in your family. And, the stories that usually come with the wisdom and advice are usually super interesting.

4. There is always something to do

In the rare case that you are bored, you can always find someone to talk to and you’ll never be alone. They share your woes, your achievements, and love spending time with you as much as you love spending time with them. All you need is a few family members, and you;ll be entertained for hours!

5. You have many more stories to laugh at

Coming from a big close family means that not only do you get to laugh at your funny moments, but also those of your hilarious uncle who always gets into trouble, the cuteness of your little cousin’s innocence, and many more!

6. Competitiveness takes on a new meaning

I’ve never seen any group of people who are more competitive than my family. A simple game of Taboo can seem like World-War III. Almost nothing is taken as seriously as Mario Kart tournaments. When we play Just Dance dignity is thrown out the window and we really do leave it all on the dance floor.

7. You can always be yourself

You don’t have to worry about unleashing your weirdness, because it is usually matched by that of every member of your family. This usually leads to fun dance parties, and tons of laughter. It is nice knowing that you always have a group who accepts you for all of your good and bad.