7 Of The Most Romantic Spots In Los Angeles

These are seven of the best activities/eating date spots that this spectacular city has to offer!

130
Caileigh on a hike in Malibu
Photo by: Caileigh Kengott

Listed below are some of the many trendy and charming dining experiences and excursions to choose from in Los Angeles. Depending on whether you are looking to have a casual day time date or an elegant, scenic dining experience, these seven places will give you exactly what you need!

1. Cinespia

Movie treats dance and sing

Lets All Go To The Lobby Animation

media.giphy.com

Cinespia is one of my favorite outdoor movie spots which is located in the center of the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. It is the perfect venue for a romantic date that involves little talking and more snacking and listening. Just pack your blankets, pillows, reclining chairs, beverage of choice and popcorn and buy your tickets to the rare outdoor theatre experience that Cinespia has to offer. They show a variety of movie classics every weekend depending on the theme of the weekend or season. On special occasions, Cinespia has "all night" movie experiences where you and your partner can spend the entire night watching specially selected films under the stars. This is definitely my favorite activity in Los Angeles.

2. Geoffrey's Malibu

Beach houses overlooking the ocean

Malibu GIF By The Hills

media.giphy.com

Geoffrey's Malibu is an upscale California style ocean side restaurant with unbeatable views of sandy Malibu beaches. Not only are its views spectacular, but their seafood-intense menu is bound to make your taste buds explode with joy. The ambiance of the restaurant is elegant and charming which makes it suitable for anniversaries, birthdays, or anytime you want to impress your significant other. The menu is a bit pricey, but I would have to say that their dishes and views at sunset are worth the expense for the perfect photo op and dining experience.

3. Hollywood Bowl

Video of the Hollywood Bowl

Gustavo Dudamel Global Goal GIF

media.giphy.com

The Hollywood Bowl amphitheater is another well-known date night spot for natives and couples visiting the area. It is a beautiful, circular outdoor theater with picnic-style seating arrangements for you and your loved one to enjoy live music and dinner at the same time! It is definitely a great place to go on a summer night if you're in the mood to hear some of the world's greatest musicians in the relaxed comfort of your seat.

4. Santa Monica Pier

Santa Monica Pier roller coasters

Santa Monica Logo GIF

media.giphy.com

The Santa Monica Pier is an all-time Los Angeles date night classic. Although it can be very crowded at times with tourists visiting from around the world, it is a fun spot to have an active/ light-hearted date with your person. Enjoy some of their mini rollercoasters and arcade games, while also getting in a sunset walk on the boardwalk. There are tons of little ice cream shops and a variety of carnival games to choose from. I highly suggest going here on a weekday to avoid the busy hours. They also occasionally have concerts here so be sure to check their online event schedule!

5. The Broad

Sculptures and paintings at The Broad Art Museum

Contemporary Art GIF by The Broad Museum

media.giphy.com

For those of you that are interested in contemporary art, The Broad is a free admission art museum located in the heart of Downton Los Angeles. The exhibits feature a variety of unique artist's sculptures, paintings, murals, postwar and contemporary artwork. Even if art does not interest you, it is definitely a place to visit at least once in your life and can be made into a fun and casual day time date spot.

6. Point Dume Hiking Trail

Miley Cyrus walking on Malibu beach with balloons

Miley Cyrus GIF

media.giphy.com

For those of you that are the active type, this free Point Dume Hiking trail located in Malibu, California is an exciting daytime date location to enjoy the outdoors and ocean breeze. It is one of the most beautiful spots in Los Angeles and is a must-visit spot if you are in the area.

7. The Hollywood Night Market

View of Hollywood sign

Hollywood sign Hollywood GIF

media.giphy.com

The Hollywood Night Market is every Thursday during the summer and is a favorite spot for Hollywood locals looking to eat delicious food outdoors from tasty food vendors, shop at small jewelry and clothing company merchants and experience outdoor music all with a view of the entire city. This is definitely a three to four hour excursion if on your date night you both are looking to adventure and food tour the different types of cuisine that the night market has to offer.

These spots are suitable for date nights with long term partners as well as exciting first dates. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, some of these places are closed. Be sure to check their websites and stay updated as to when they will be reopening!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.