11 Things All Short Girls Who Have Tall Boyfriends Understand

While all these things are great and funny, you know that your S.O. and you would still love each other no matter what height you each were.
12403

Being a short person is hard because you can't reach things, people use you as arm rests, and everyone calls you cute then proceeds to pick you up. #donttouchme

Being short has it disadvantages, for sure, but there are a few things it's good for. Like when dating someone tall, you have all these cute quirks that people just think are adorable (and you do too). So, without further ado, here are 10 things that all short girls do while having a tall boyfriend (or girlfriend).

1. When he hugs you, he envelops you with love.

Those big arms and face planting his chest just makes everything feel right in the world. His hugs shut out everything and it's comforting. His tall hugs that press your check into his chest make you feel more safe and loved that you could've ever imagined. You love listening to his heart beat steadily against your cheek and you think about how much you truly love this person.

2. He reaches the tall things for you.

You never want to admit you need help and you rarely do because all short girls mastered climbing counters and other stable (totally not stable) objects by the time they were in high school but sometimes it's inevitable. You also need help with pickle jars because they get you every time but that's a strong guy thing, not a tall guy thing. I always mumble a "thank you" and then promptly say I could totally have done it myself, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

3. You have a "face" for when you want him to lean down so you can kiss him.

You tilt your face up and just stare at him, with your eyes closed and lips puckered. He'll get the hint. Either that or just climb him like a deranged monkey so you can kiss him. Then there is the reasonable thing, which is just asking him to lean down but that's the less fun option.

4. He calls you cute and for once, you don't mind it.

No one is allowed to call you cute...except for him. He doesn't make it sound like a lesser compliment but rather something so endearing that you can't help but be flattered by. He knows you're cute but that you're also sexy, beautiful, and one of a kind. He's lucky to have a cute, short girl like you.

5. You may be small, but you are fierce and he knows you'd totally beat him in a wrestling match.

Well, he lets you think that, at the very least. And sometimes, he lets you win but you still feel superior if he caves easily (probably so he doesn't hurt her royal tininess). If you are dating a small girl then you know that if she has older sibling, you need to watch out because she is the BABY and they will protect her, even if she can protect herself.

6. He asks you to do small people things, like fit into tiny spaces.

Can you climb up there? Here, let me lift you up so you can reach X, Y, and Z. Can you grab that off the ground? You're closer.

You are always being used for your size but that makes you feel useful and like you are returning the favor of him getting high things down for you. You always agree to do short people things because it gives you a sense of purpose and makes you feel useful to tall people.

7. The hand holding can be a bit off, but you both love it.

Your arm is bent at an awkward angle and it kinda hurts but you hold hands anyways because you love to show off some mild PDA. After a while of dating and hand holding, you guys figure out the perfect position of holding hands so that you both are comfy and happy.

8. Sex is more fun because us short girls are easier to move around.

We can be more malleable and this, by no means, is a shot at tall girls because ya'll got bedroom moves. Short girls can just do some of those awkward AF yoga-like sex positions...not that we actually do...but we can. It's good to have options that we never use. Missionary it is!

9. Spooning is the best.

Being the little spoon is one of the best feelings on Earth. You have all the cuddles and heat of the person you love so much radiating behind you, creating a pocket of love and comfort. It's honestly one of the best feelings you have ever experienced.

10. They come down to your level every so often.

One of your favorite things is when he leans on you for support. Honestly, your physical height isn't nearly a match for your emotional height because you are always there to love and comfort your man. One thing my boyfriend does is; he'll scooch down the bed and lay his head on my chest or tummy and look up at me. Our height disappears because he came down to my level for love and that means so much to me. You know you love when they cuddle close to you and use you as a human pillow because it shows they trust you with their emotions and their body.

11. Height actually doesn't matter.

While all these things are great and funny, you know that your S.O. and you would still love each other no matter what height you each were. It's moot, honestly. Because height #notimportant, but unconditional love and acceptance totally are. I'm five foot one and my boyfriend is six feet but even if he was five, five or whatever, I would still love him just the same.