7 All-Natural Drinks To Heal Sickness

7 All-Natural Drinks To Heal Sickness

Ditch the processed medications and give your body the natural ingredients its been craving!

539
7 All-Natural Drinks To Heal Sickness
Z Living

Think about the last time you had a headache, cold, fever, or some other kind of short-term illness. How did you get rid of it? Was it through drugstore-bought medicine? Food? Specialty drinks? Or did you just wait it out until it was gone?

Even with all the readily available over-the-counter drugs, we're able to pop into our mouths to leave for them to do the rest of the work, we aren't able to see the long-term damage going on inside our bodies. For example, acetaminophen, a popular drug, mostly known in Tylenol, can do major damage to the liver if constantly used. Although ibuprofen is suggested to be used instead and is known to have less dangerous side effects to the body, the drug's long-term effects still affect the liver as well and contribute to liver inflammation.

The human liver is responsible for many things such as removing toxins from our blood and separating good nutrients from toxic and fatty substances from the food we eat. If there's a lot of unhealthy consumption going on, our liver suffers, and eventually, our body will, too.

1. Water

As basic as it sounds, water is the number one liquid humans need to not only be healthy but to survive. The human body is made up of about 65% water, making it more important and necessary to have than food. Without it, our body is more prone to getting headaches, fevers, a weaker immune system, less energy, constipation, dry skin, the inability to think well and much more.

It can be easy to forget to drink the required daily intake (eight 8 oz. glasses), so always having a refillable water bottle with you wherever you go definitely helps!

2. Lemon Water

Lemon water has been known by many–including family and family friends as well–to help cure high blood pressure. Lemons have vitamin c in them which can help with many things, like giving your skin a healthy glow. Drinking this infused water will boost your hydration, stimulate your digestive system, and wake you up if you're feeling tired (a possible replacement for sugary caffeine drinks)!

3. Antioxidant Juices

I can honestly say this juice is so refreshing and delicious. Just add a few ice cubes!

This specific beverage filled with natural, homemade apple, carrot, celery and cucumber juice has a way of killing a cold before it gets worse. This drink includes vitamins (A, C, E) and antioxidants to help strengthen your body's immune system to ward off any toxins and bad bacteria.

You can put the fruits through a juicer or just mix them all together in a blender.

4. Super-Citrus Smoothie

This smoothie's name comes from the loaded variety of citrus fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, and oranges. Just add in some apple, banana, and spinach!

This creamy smoothie is great for fevers, which are mostly caused by viruses or bacterial infections. All these yummy citrus-filled fruits will give your immune system something it needs: a boost of vitamin C! The spinach is also a good source of iron.

As for inflammation and body aches, this drink does a good job as well. The berries have polyphenols, which are chemicals found in natural plant food sources, help prevent the damage free radicals do to the body.

5. Ginger Tea

Ginger tea has many benefits such as easing stomach pain and nausea, relieving stress, helping with digestion, improves blood circulation and can even help fight cancer, as ginger is big on decreasing inflammation in the body.

Just boil some pieces of ginger in a pot of boiling water, then strain the water from the ginger pieces and it'll be ready to drink. Knowing it's all natural with no additives to the tea is a plus!

6. Green Smoothie

This beautifully green smoothie is filled with spinach, pineapple, mangoes and bananas.

For those who suffer major symptoms whenever that time of the month comes around, this delicious green smoothie will become your favorite drink, next to water. If you're someone who doesn't like the sound of a green smoothie, don't worry, the taste of the spinach won't even be there, as it'll be covered up by all the yummy fruits!

The spinach provides iron that is lost during the cycle, especially important for those who are anemic, while pineapples are great for fighting joint and muscle inflammation, like cramps! Mangoes help with regulating your period, and bananas are great for bloating and cramps as well.

7. Body-Cleansing Smoothie

If you've been drinking too much alcohol, or haven't been eating as healthy, chances are your liver has been taking a beating.

To help the poor guy out, try making this detoxifying drink. Mix some kale, spinach, beets, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, oranges, and pineapple together. This specific smoothie may not be the best in taste, but taking good care of your body should be a reward itself! (Try adding more of your favorite fruit to overcome the taste of the other ingredients if you'd like.)

With this quick drink, you're a step closer to having a happier liver!