6 Ways To Spend Your Fall Break

6 Ways To Spend Your Fall Break

We all need a chance to recharge
3

Fall is a great time of year. It finally starts cooling down, the leaves change color, and it's almost Halloween. But for me, the best thing about fall right now is fall break. It's not much of a break, just a long weekend, but I have so many plans and things I want to do. So, for anyone who's not sure how they should spend their break, here are a few suggestions.

1) Sleep in

Sleep in until ten. Sleep until noon. Don't even set an alarm. Go to bed and just wake up whenever you wake up. Don't jump out of bed with an entire day planned out already, just wake up slowly and actually feel rested when you wake up. It's a magical feeling, trust me.

2) Stay up late

Stay up late and do something fun. This isn't about homework or pulling an all-nighter to finish that project. Do something you want to do. Hang out with friends, binge watch Netflix, do whatever it is that you don't have time to do during classes. It doesn't have to be huge or social, it just needs to be something that you enjoy. Don't let anyone judge you for staying up late and watching My Little Pony if that's what you like.

3) Nothing

You know when you do something for several hours and then wonder what happened to that time and what you've been doing for the past several hours? Do that. Waste time on the internet. Lay on the couch and do nothing. Lay on the floor and listen to music. Wander around aimlessly outside. Eat absurd amounts of tortilla chips. Whatever. Take some time to de-stress and relax. Let go of the compulsion to be productive every moment and just chill.

4) Go Outside

Go for a picnic. Roll down a hill. Walk around in the blissfully cool weather. Find every single crunchy leaf and step on it. Relish in the crunchiness. Sit outside and carve a pumpkin. Just look at pumpkin if actually carving one seems like a lot of effort. Nature is good for you, and it's finally cool enough to experience it without sweating. So do something outside. Now. Go.

5) Visit family/friends

I don't know if you go home for fall break, but if you do, spend some time with your family. Hang out with friends you don't see very often. Just take some quality time with people that matter to you who you don't necessarily have time to see during the craziness of classes. Plus, hanging out is always an excuse to eat food, which only makes it better. Food and friends. Double win.

6) Forget School

This can be hard to do, especially if you've got homework to do over break, but try to forget about school. We all need a break from school every once in a while, so even if it's only one day, take some time off. School? What's school? I don't know. I'm just going to sit here and drink my coffee and pretend I don't know what stress is.

So have a good time. Enjoy yourselves. Remember that this is a break for a reason, and the reason isn't just to get ahead on a mountain of school work. Relax. Let the stress go. Take some time to yourself and recharge. Happy fall break everyone.