How To Relax During Spring Break

How To Relax During Spring Break

It's okay-- sometimes we all get stressed during breaks.

201
How To Relax During Spring Break
Anh Phan

Spring break is coming up for a lot of us, and we all have different plans in mind. Some will be traveling, far away from home and enjoying their lives in a different place for a little bit; others will find joy at home and in their own beds. Either way, this small period of respite will be a nice way to re-center yourself before going back to classes.

However, with that being said, it's such a short period that it can quickly be a stressful one; what if there's assignments due right after break? You'll need to start on them early during break, otherwise you'll be procrastinating and doing the assignment an hour before its due (an achievable task, but an unpleasant one). Or maybe you're just dreading going back to classes, because it means you'll have to do more work and get ready for finals soon.

Luckily, there are ways to relax, even with the slowly incoming doom and gloom of coursework coming towards you.

1. Breathe.

Possibly one of the hardest things to do ever when you're stressed, simply taking a moment to breathe allows your body to relax and your muscles to loosen up, even if only by a smidgen. It's impossible to truly relax if you're physically tense. Breathing allows you to center yourself before things get worse.

2. Set your priorities.

If you figure out a decently-solid game plan of when you want to get your things done, you won't have to spend as much time fussing about random times to get some work in. You'll have a sort of schedule-- that's not always a bad thing when you have a lot to do!

3. Relax responsibly.

Spring Break is definitely a time to rewind and have fun-- but don't let it go too far. If you're hungover every morning, then you're not going to get anything done.

4. Take care of your body.

With that being said, do more than just drink excessively every chance you get-- especially during break, where you can take some time to really do self-care. Choose what you eat and drink, rather than just go with the first thing you find satisfying enough. Pull yourself away from stress once in a while for a couple of minutes. It'll help you feel more refreshed.

5. Do what you enjoy.

Have a hobby you haven't been able to dedicate any time to? Spend some time doing it! When you don't have to go to classes, you have more time to go back to what you loved doing outside of them.

6. Explore new experiences.

Since you do have free time, go find something new! Whether it be a place or an activity, there's a whole world waiting out there-- might as well go discover another little part of it.

7. Take advantage of your time.

Are there things that you really need to take done? Then go do them! It goes back to the setting your priorities point-- make sure you actually get your things done. Whether it be with assignments or with jobs back at home, Spring Break is definitely a time where you benefit from the freedom.

8. Enjoy the break!

Sure, there's a lot coming up soon with school and everything-- but you're not there right now! Make sure your time is well-spent, no matter how you use it!