6 Different Types Of Coworkers You'll Meet

"Coworkers: Life's little ankle biters".

877

I have been working since I was a sophomore in high school. From the young age of 16, I've had to balance school and work and a social life (if you count video games a social life). My first job was at Domino's and I worked there for approximately three years. Towards the end of my freshmen year of college, I switched to retail and now as I'm entering my junior year of college I have remained at that particular job. However different my two jobs have been, one thing is for certain: you'll meet very special coworkers

1. The tattle-tale

Apparently the tattle-tale has never heard that "snitches get stiches". This is the coworker that will run to your boss and tell them that you've taken a 20 minute break instead of a 15 or jump at the opportunity to expose you for any mistake you've made. This is the brown-nosing co-worker that nobody likes. I implore you, don't be a snitch

2. The coworker that treats new employees like crap

Let's face it: we've all been new at one point. We've all started at a new job and we've all been scared and confused, and it doesn't help when you ask someone for help and all you get in return is a sneer and a feeling of disappointment. Don't be that coworker who rolls his or her eyes at a new employee that is asking for help. Instead, be courteous and remember that you were once "The new girl/boy" and embarrassing someone for not knowing what to do on their first day is a sign of a douche.

3. The coworker with hella attitude

I've had my fair share of those. This is the coworker that makes you roll your eyes when you look at the schedule. "Great, I close with ___ again?" At the end of the day, nobody wants to be on their feet for ten hours a day getting paid a crappy wage. We're tired, overworked, and underpaid. When we go home we have bills to pay, classes to attend, and families to feed. We don't need a negative atmosphere at work. It's okay to have a bad day but when a coworker is constantly giving attitude, then problems start to arise.

4. The Sloth

I'll admit it, I have my days that I just stand around not wanting to do anything. When I get out of class to work a nine hour shift, I sometimes just want to cry. Once in a while, I'll get lazy and not do my best job. But sometimes, you'll have a specific coworker that does absolutely nothing- and the best part? They never get apprehended for it. This coworker will see the pile of mess surrounding you and they'll stand there on their phone doing nothing. Avoid this coworker. Actually, don't BE this coworker. Get it together and do what I do: be a sloth at home.

5. The coworker that thinks they're the manager

You. Are. Not. The. Manager. Do not walk around the place thinking you're all high and mighty and above us, because you're not. To me, this is the worst coworker of all. They'll stand and bark orders and it's usually because they've been there several years. Guess what? It doesn't matter whether you've been at a job for 5 years or 5 weeks, you're not that special.

6. The coworker who becomes your best friend

I've had the pleasure of making some wonderful friends both at my old and new job. Two of my best friends I met at my current job and they've made both my work and personal life pretty amazing. Not only do they keep me on my toes and laughing at work, but they keep the group chat lit when I'm at home. When you meet a particular coworker that you just click with, it changes your outlook on going to work all-together

I write a lot about working retail-and I complain a lot as well, but I must admit that at the end of the day I do appreciate my job and I enjoy working, even if sometimes it costs me valuable beauty sleep. I'll gladly put up with the sea of annoying coworkers any day.