6 Tips For Dating Someone With Anxiety

6 Tips For Dating Someone With Anxiety

Do not judge, just love.

45
Superior Wallpapers

Anxiety is more common than you think. There is a huge chance that whenever you begin dating someone, they suffer from this form of mental illness. But instead of pushing them away, here are 6 tips for anyone dating someone with anxiety:

1. Do not get mad.

Anxiety attacks, stress, panic... those are all things that go along with having anxiety. Do not get mad. Getting mad is not going to solve the problem.

2. Do not take it personally.

There are going to be days when the person you are dating with anxiety is going to be stressed, upset, and very overwhelmed... but don't take it personally. Usually it does not have anything to do with you. Most of the time they just need space and time to think.

3. Be understanding and provide comfort.

There is nothing that someone with anxiety loves more than to have a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. This is one of the most important things you can do for the person you are dating. It is difficult for someone with this mental illness to tell others that they do, or even just talk about the thoughts that are racing through their mind. The best thing you can do is comfort them and accept them as is.

4. It is okay to get frustrated.

We are all human. The person you are dating with this mental illness will not always expect you to be happy or not show any negative emotions. Sometimes it is nice to have a heart-to-heart about what is going on in your life too; however, do not get mean. The worst thing that you can do is blame the person you are dating for your problems.

5. Do not let them push you away.

I have pushed many people away from me throughout the years because of my anxiety. We usually do not believe that we have people to talk to about our problems and thoughts; therefore, we tend to let those in our life slip away. If you see the person you are dating beginning to push themselves back, fight for them. Let them know how much you love them and are not going anywhere. Reassurance is more important to us than you know.

6. Give them your all.

Sometimes, the best thing that you can do is love the person you are dating unconditionally, no matter what the circumstance. Those who have anxiety need to know more often than others that they are loved and have people supporting them by their side, especially you. You have a special place in their heart and they put trust in you to love them as they are. Make sure to remind the person that you are dating that you love them, and you are not going anywhere.