6 Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle

6 Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle

Forget fad diets ... what you need is a change in lifestyle.

7
6 Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle
Mirror UK News

Recently, I’ve started a new plan in order to live a more healthier lifestyle. During these past couple of months, I binged on whatever I could find. It didn’t help that I also had late-night snack cravings which consisted of downing spoonfuls of nutella while doing my homework I procrastinated on. Trust me, nutella is amazing. However, if you have an unhealthy obsession with it, then maybe you need to make the switch. I compiled this list of the top six tips you should consider about in order to build a healthy lifestyle:

1. It’s going the be hard the first couple of weeks but after that, you’ll thank yourself.

Change is difficult to go through in general. And if you’re a big foodie like me, then it’s going to be hard to let go of food you’re craving for. But after the first couple of weeks, you’ll start to notice that you won’t feel as lethargic or miffed off.

2. Love your body for what it is.

I believe in order to change yourself, you must love yourself and accept who you are. So what if you aren't as skinny or curvy as you’d like to be? Be proud of what your mama gave you. Look in the mirror and see that beautiful you smiling back.

3. Controlling your sugar craving.

Now for me, I’m a total sweet-tooth addict. I go crazy even when I hear the word “chocolate”. However, I dealt with this by taking one step at a time. Slowly throughout the weeks, I’ve been eating less and less refined sugar foods and eating more balanced meals. And I have to say, by cutting out sugar it made me have more energy to do stuff. (Tip: it also works if you eat some fruit. It worked for me sometimes to control my sugar cravings.)

4. Have a regular sleep pattern.

By sleeping regularly, you will skip out on that extra food craving. For example, if you don’t stay up at night, then you won’t be tempted of having a late night snack.

5. It’s okay to cheat sometimes.

There will be those days where you really want to try something. I say go for it. If you want to take a cookie from the jar, do it. Or else you may be subjected to binge on those cookies later on.

6. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Appreciate what you’re doing right now. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t lose that one pound you were planning to. What’s really important is that you are now healthier and happier of your change.