6 Things Everyone Forgets While Planning A Wedding

These are just as important as the venue, food, and dress.

74

Other than myself, there are so many girls that begin dreaming about their wedding day at an early age. I blame all the fairy tales and Disney princess movies for that phenomenon. The ones that usually end in some great love and a perfect wedding day that is magically put together in no time at all. The thing is, I don't remember ever seeing any movie that showed all the work that went into planning a wedding... Unless we're talking about the movie "Father of the Bride". Then you will end up looking a little like this when the day comes that you are planning your own and can see all the things that you have to do, and have no idea where to begin.

And while this milestone has a lot of planning, expenses, and little details that need to be paid attention to, there are somethings that every bride/groom should remember throughout the process.

1. Remember to sit down and dream.

Before you jump into all the planning, sit down with your fiance and just talk. Talk about what you want and what you picture that day being like. If you were one of those kids who dreamed about your big day, tell them about all the things that you believe that you want. Don't pin yourselves down so soon after the proposal with talk of money and just dream together.

2. Remember to bask in the glow.

In the middle of all the fuss, let yourself remember why you are going through all the events to follow. Make sure to see that, through all of the plans and all of the craziness, you are madly in love with the man/woman you're going to marry. That, no matter what, you will end up with the person you want to be with. Don't be ashamed to act a little twitterpated, no matter your age. No matter the time.

3. Remember why it is a day to celebrate.

While you should have fun and enjoy all the plans, food tastings, parties, venues, and more, don't forget that all the aspects the go into that day are just things. You are going to be celebrating the joining of two peoples' lives become one. You will be celebrating the promise you are making in front of friends and family. Don't get too caught up in all the materials that go toward the celebration. If something goes wrong, just remember what you will be there to do.

4. Remember to stop and smell the roses.

When you are in the middle of comparing finances and the cost of your dream venue, take a moment to look up. See those people around you. Laugh at all the ridiculous things that you are sure to encounter. Hear what they are saying. Keep it in mind for later times of tribulation to come. Stop to look at your fiance and smile in anticipation of you two becoming married. Just take a breath.

5. Remember to make memories.

Are you trying on your tenth dress? Maybe starting to feel like it's hopeless and you're not going to find the right one? Well, try on another dress that you never would have usually put on and go out to the people with you. No matter what dress it is, or how bad it looks, go and strut your stuff. Enjoy the reactions of your friends and family and allow yourself to giggle a little at yourself. Or, maybe you and your bride tribe are getting frustrated at all the individual demands. Stop everything and do something that you and your friends have always enjoyed. If you are making your own invitations, grab the tape and do something ridiculous just to get everyone laughing. Make memories that you will be able to look back on in the future.

6. Remember that it is a day for you and your fiance.

While it is important that your family and friends are comfortable on your big day, don't change everything that you want your day to be, just to make them happy. Especially not if it will compromise your happiness. Remember that it is your day, not theirs. And when it comes to their time to get married, it will be all about them. Don't over exert yourself by trying to make everyone else happy, because it is impossible to please everyone.

While planning your wedding will seem like an impossible task when you first begin, in the end, make sure that it is something that you will want to look back on fondly. I know that I will be trying to remember these things while planning mine. Whether it is a big ordeal, or a small, intimate celebration, make sure to enjoy it. Allow yourself to get swept away on the excitement. Let yourself talk about the romance. Go ahead and believe that your big day will be just like a fairy tale and enjoy it even more because of all the work you put into it. Just remember who you are and why you're getting married in the first place.