6 Self Care Ideas For When Life Gets Crazy

don't forget to put yourself first

38
WeHeartIt

Sometimes life can get a bit overwhelming. Whether it be because of school work, your job or just life in general, it can all become too much. I've had moments like these happen more than I can count on two hands, and sometimes it's really hard to deal with because they can feel like they'll last forever. But of course, they don't– and overtime I've come to find that sometimes doing some small 'happy' things that help me start to feel less stressed and put me in an overall better mood. If you ever find yourself feeling down or super stressed about life, try some of these quick things!

1. Reading my favorite book

Even when life seems to be hectic, there's no better feeling than cozying up in my bed or on my couch and reading my favorite book. There's a sense of comfort within those pages and the story

2. Attempt to draw

I'll be the first to say that my drawing skills are not the best, but I still like to try. Most of the time I just do little doodles or I draw out song lyrics. No matter what I draw, putting the pencil to paper and bringing whatever is in my head to life– brings great satisfaction.

3. Make a playlist of my favorite songs

Everyone has that playlist that basically represents whatever mood they're in. If we're being honest, I've got about four or five playlists full of songs that can relate to whatever mood I'm in. Whenever I'm feeling stressed, I make a playlist of some old, new and favorite songs that fit however I'm feeling and just lounging around and listening to it makes me feel better.

4. Stargaze

Now this might sound a little corny, trust me I know. But sitting outside when it's late at night and just looking at the stars is strangely relaxing. Looking up at sky leads into the thoughts of how big the world really is, which later leads into thoughts about how small it makes your problems seem. Plus, the stars themselves are pretty cool.

5. Take a bath

I used to not like bath's at all. I mean, I did when I was younger, but as I got older there was nothing all too appealing about taking a bath. But then I discovered bath bombs. Now, whenever I'm having a rough day, I draw myself a hot bat, throw in a bath bomb and just sit and relax. I don't really know what makes taking a bath relaxing, but it truly helps.

6. Organize and Clean

Whenever my life feels scattered and hectic, I always like to just look around my room and start cleaning. Whether this means doing laundry, cleaning my desk, my room or even just going through stuff and getting rid of some of it– or the entire thing.