- Lets be honest, Starbucks has grown into a huge phenomenon in today's society. We have all heard of the brilliant frappucinos, teas, and lattes that they offer. The Coffee Houses that we know of today were redefined by the Starbucks craze that has been on the rise over the past years. We know that we have all tried Starbucks at some point and there's a couple reasons why we continually drown Starbucks with our love and money...
1. It is modeled after REAL Italian Coffee Houses
As stated in Starbuck's history, In 1983, a decade after Starbucks began in Seattle, Howard Shultz (One of the original founders) took a trip to Italy and was inspired by the amazing coffee houses. He then pitched the idea, and revamped to what we know as Starbucks today.
2. Over 87,000 drink combinations
Starbucks has no problem creating new items, they recently added the mini frappuccino, cookie straws, plus many new flavors every month. There are plenty of combinations to try ranging from just a simple pump of vanilla, raspberry, and sugar to ordering straight off the menu. I would love to meet the individuals who actually counted the number of possible combinations
3. They are the Subway of coffee
We have all heard the order that goes something like "Double Ristretto Venti Nonfat Organic Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino" and they do not question your order, they just write hieroglyphs on the cup and then it comes out in 2-3 minutes. Just like Subway, they make it the way that you want it.
4. They are already everywhere
Starbucks currently has around 22,000 stores worldwide as of March 12, 2015. They are without a doubt the largest Coffee House franchise in the world and they continue to expand. It is said that eventually Starbucks will intend to be in every country in the near future.
5. "Oh it's on the secret menu."
We've all had that snobby moment where we've ordered a Cookies and Cream frappuccino, or a Butterbeer Frappuccino, and have been asked the question "Where did you learn how to do this?" And of course we have replied with "It's on the secret menu that you can find online."
6. Gold Card Members have special treatment.
Lets face it, Gold Card Members are awesome... They have their own gold card, with their name on it. When Starbucks Baristas see it, they have an extra sense of happiness when they take your order. With a free drink of their choice on their birthday with many other benefits, Gold Card members rule the Starbuck's kingdom, and they know it.
But let's face it, Starbucks will always be delicious and we will continually love it. They have a good product, good franchise, and a good concept. Starbucks is doing business right!