7 Scriptures For The Overcomer

7 Scriptures For The Overcomer

“Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” ~ Corrie Ten Boom

51441
7 Scriptures For The Overcomer

One of my favorite Christian songs to listen to when facing the trials and tribulations of life is "Overcomer" by Mandisa. In the chorus it says, “You’re an overcomer. Stay in the fight ’til the final round. You’re not going under ‘cause God is holding you right now. You might be down for a moment feeling like it’s hopeless. That’s when He reminds you that you’re an overcomer.” I like to keep these lyrics on my mind at all times especially when I’m having a rough day. They help remind me that no matter what I’m going through that day, God is always right beside me and helping me become an overcomer. Aside from this song, I have seven scriptures that assist me even more to conquer the trials that God is having me face.

1. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exalts, and with my song I give thanks to him.” ~ Psalm 28:7

The Lord is in your life to not only be your strength but for you to put your trust into so that you may be helped through him. This scripture in particular is one of my favorites because it helps those of us who are going through hard times in life that God will always be our strength and our shield. We should put all of our trust in him and he will guide us through the hard times.

2. “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” ~ 2 Corinthians 5:7

This scripture is mostly self-explanatory. We should put our faith into God and he will guide us through the distress that we are facing in life. If we walk by sight, then we won’t be able to get through it as we would with God.

3. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1

When facing trials and tribulations, look to the Lord for guidance and he will help guide you. With him in your life, you should fear nothing. You shouldn’t be afraid of failure, loneliness, heartbreak, etc. Everything that happens in your life, the good and the bad, are all a part of God’s plan for you. He is what is giving you the strength to live and push through the hard times in life.

4. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” ~ John 16:3

The Lord will give you signs in life that the good times will come and that you should continue trusting in him to give you strength to make it through. Yes, it does seem frustrating at times when these signs don’t seem as unmistakable as we would like but that doesn’t mean that they’re not there. He gives us this tribulations to make us as strong as he intends for us to be. Your hardships may seem more intense than others; this is because God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. He does this because you are able to handle them. No matter what you face, the Lord has overcome the world and we must put our trust into him.

5. “Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” ~ 1 Peter 5:7

Despite what you are going through, God DOES care for you. I say this all the time and have even already said it in this article but God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. We must remember to cast any anxieties or fears that we have onto him and he will help us persevere until we find the joy that is meant for us to have in our lives.

6. “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” ~ Romans 8:18

Times in your life may seem hard now and you may not find any joy currently in your life BUT our current anguish that we feel will seem meaningless once we make it through then find our bliss in life again. To make it to that point, we must continue to put our trust into our glorious God and know that he is leading us on the right path that we should be on. He has written our life stories for us. ONLY he knows where we are going in the future.

7. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7

Most recently this has become one of my favorite scriptures to read when facing the woes of life. This last week was a tough one for me and just a few days ago this scripture become visible to me multiple times throughout one day in many different variations. Every time that I saw it, I read it and then closed my eyes to think. After doing this, I was able to continue my day with as much glee that I could conjure up in me. This scripture is saying that we have no need to be anxious about anything in life because if we lift up our sorrows in prayer to God, he will help us through them and peace will eventually be found in our lives. As long as we put all faith and trust into our God and Christ Jesus, we will find harmony in life again.

There are many more scriptures that can be used to help form an overcomer but these are my top 7 picks that I always look to. Now to the reader, I would like for YOU to do something. If you think that you need these scriptures in your life, do what I did. Take each scripture, write each one on a separate note card, then go around your living space to find spots you look at daily, and then tape each note card in a different spot. Remember to try and read these daily; but don’t just read them, take it all in and pray about any anxieties you have or hardships that you are going through. Remember to pray, pray, pray. God has a plan for your life and it may not make sense now but some day it will all come together.