50 Little Things to Smile About

50 Little Things to Smile About

When you need a reminder that life isn’t always so bad.

1151
50 Little Things to Smile About
blogspot.com

As human beings, we often take the little things in life for granted. Life can overwhelm us with negativity at times and put our minds in a very dark place. In these moments, it is especially important to acknowledge all of the wonderfully small but magnificent aspects of life that we often fail to acknowledge. Whenever I’m feeling stressed, overwhelmed or sad, I try to make a list of things that make me happy; doing this never fails to turn my mood around.

Here are 50 little things in life that are often taken for granted, but always make me smile:

1. Looking at old photographs.

2. The sound of rain when you’re trying to go to sleep.

3. Puppies' wet noses. (Or, actually, anything related to puppies.)

4. Glitter.

5. Waking up after a good night’s sleep.

6. The clarity you feel after letting go of things that are not meant for you.

7. Dancing…anywhere, and everywhere.

8. Finding money in unexpected places (like, when you take out your winter coat for the first time of the season).

9. Getting a good grade on an exam you studied very hard for.

10. The first snow of the season.

11. Disney movies.

12. Knowing that everyone’s house has a distinct smell, but the people who live there can’t smell it.

13. Hugging someone you love.

14. Wearing heels, and feeling confident.

15. Blasting your favorite song in the car and singing as loud as you can.

16. Naps.

17. Laughing so hard that your stomach hurts and you start to cry.

18. The feeling after a great workout.

19. Newly painted nails.

20. Finishing an assignment that took forever to complete.

21. Finding a good side to something that once caused you pain, and moving on from it.

22. Strangers who smile at you.

23. Getting a text or call from someone you haven’t spoken to in a while but miss.

24. Long car rides.

25. Remembering something that you forgot.

26. Wearing new clothes for the first time.

27. Knowing that one day you’re going to wake up next to the love of your life, and nothing from your past will matter.

28. Standing under the warm water in the shower.

29. Internet videos of animals who are friends.

30. Listening to babies laugh.

31. Eating your favorite food.

32. Hearing someone passionately talk about something they love.

33. Learning something new.

34. Doing something that scares you, and being satisfied by the results.

35. Getting complimented by a stranger.

36. Watching (and rewatching) your favorite TV show with the same enthusiasm as the first time.

37. Meeting new people who change your perspective on life.

38. Telling someone that you love them.

39. The smell of clean clothes.40. A good book.

41. Hearing someone’s voice over the phone.

42. The comforting feeling of curling up in bed after a long day.

43. Understanding how someone’s feeling through nothing but eye contact.

44. Sunshine.

45. Laying in the pool on a hot day.

46. Going to a concert to see your favorite band.

47. Looking at the stars on a clear night.

48. Having someone tell you that they miss you.

49. The smell of fresh coffee.

50. Knowing that you will eventually become who you are meant to be and you will be happy, because you won’t settle for anything less.

That’s a brief list of little things that make me smile when I’m feeling down…what makes you smile? It’s amazing how simply thinking of things that make you happy can actually turn your mood around! Try it.