5 Ways to Wake Up Fresh!

5 Ways to Wake Up Fresh!

Make your morning a little bit smoother with these five tips.

121
5 Ways to Wake Up Fresh!
Interesting Things

As we head into the bleak, winter months of Upstate New York, all of us are struggling to get up in the morning even more than usual. Our beds feel warmer, our school or jobs seem farther, and our minds seem happier asleep. Still, we know we have to get up, and so starts a miserable, dragging cycle. The solution: wake up ready to go! Easier said than done, right? Here are five tips to help that winter funk be left in the snow!

1: Go to bed earlier!

Okay, so technically this isn't a morning technique, and it can definitely be difficult to achieve every now and again. As schedules get busier around the holidays, getting to bed when we'd like to seems nearly impossible! Still, if you can, try to schedule the day's duties such that you can get to snooze a little sooner! There is nothing better than seeing the back of your eyelids before that clock even strikes 10 and it will definitely help create a smoother transition into waking up in the morning!

2: Set a gentle alarm!

The worst thing in the morning is waking up to that horrible beeping or an annoying song that makes us cringe every time it comes on the radio. Download a sleep app or find some gentle, soothing alarms to help you wake up smoothly and ease into a calm morning.

Three: Do some yoga or stretch!

I know that the last thing in the world we want to do when we first wake up is move, but easing your body into some relaxing movement can not only help you shake off the sleep fog, but it is also a great and healthy way to warm your body up for the day! Personally, I find yoga is the most effective tool to truly shake out the stiff, but even five minutes of some simple stretching will do just the trick.

4: Eat breakfast!

Although some of us find our mornings to be too busy or we really aren't "breakfast people," it really is the most important meal of the day. Sugary cereals and empty carbs can drag you down, but a hearty, healthy breakfast can help keep you going through a mid-morning slump and make your morning a productive one.

5: Get into a routine

This tip is the most important of them all. Creating a morning routine is essential to an easy morning and it doesn't have to be difficult. It could consist of making your bed, washing your face, making breakfast, and brushing your teeth! Habits are a powerful thing and as long as it's a cycle which you can stick to, a morning routine like this can transform your morning into a smooth, relaxing start to the day.

Waking up can be tough and mid-morning ruts can seem to drag on forever. But, with a little help and a little habit, your morning could be as relaxing as can be.