5 Reaches In Rounds 1-3 Of The NFL Draft

Which players were over-drafted this year in the 1st three rounds of the NFL Draft?

13
975thefanatic

Three rounds have been announced in the NFL Draft already while four more picks will be determined on April 29th. There have been some good picks in the first two days, but there have also been plenty of reaches in my opinion. Now presenting five reaches of the first two days of the Draft.

1.Corey Davis- WR; Tennessee Titans (Round 1 Pick 5)

Don't get me wrong here, I absolutely think Corey Davis is a terrific player, and I even believe he may be a pro bowl player one day. What I don't like about this pick is that no one really knows if Davis is actually a stud, or if he just was the best player at a horrible school. The Titans could have used this pick to fill their defense and use number 18 to pick Davis as a receiver since, with his talent, he, or even another player, would be available there.

2. Mike Williams- WR; Los Angeles Chargers (Round 1; Pick 7)

Mike Williams is another receiver whom I believe has been over-drafted. The fact is that out of all three receivers drafted in the top ten, Mike Williams is the best, coming from a big school and championship winning season. However, he does not deserve to be drafted in the top ten, making him a reach.

3. John Ross- WR; Cincinnati Bengals (Round 1; Pick 9)

And yet again, another receiver (the last one) did not deserve the status of top ten. Like I said earlier, all of the receivers drafted in the top ten are over-drafted. John Ross is a good player and is very fast, but I don't believe he is top ten worthy. He was worth a late first round pick.

4. Adoree' Jackson- CB; Tennessee Titans (Round 1; Pick 18)

Another Tennessee draftee, Adoree' Jackson is an amazing athlete, but I'm not sure I would say the same about being a football player. He definitely has the skills to be a great returner immediately, but he will take time to develop into a starting corner-back. Many experts say he is worth a second round pick, and I agree with them. Eighteen is just too high for a player who won't be an impact starter.

5. C. J. Beathard- QB; San Francisco 49ers (Round 3; Pick 104)

To be completely honest, I really hadn't heard of C. J. Beathard before the 49ers picked him with the last pick of the third round. After hearing his name being called, I heard all the announcers pointing out his flaws, so I went to go see who C. J. Beathard was. I found out that he wasn't that great of a player. His stats were mediocre at best, and he only had one good season for Iowa. With players like Joshua Dobbs and Brad Kaaya still left, the 49ers definitely reached for C. J. Beathard.