5 "Cures" To The Common Cold

5 "Cures" To The Common Cold

Shop, live, and love through any sickness

19
5 "Cures" To The Common Cold
iStock

For the past few days, I have been struggling to thrive with this cold I acquired. But, because summer is reaching an end, I am determined to power through. This list may not “cure” my cold in the end, but ii has made the journey a bit more bearable!

1. Tea

Preferably hot, but anything good tasting will do. Typically, we are told to stick to water and clear liquid to heal colds and other illnesses, but heck!!! Why don’t we enjoy a different drink occasionally?

2. Cute clothes

Honestly, when I feel like shit, I try to look bomb. It gives the illusion that I’m healthy, and, well, makes me feel just a tad bit better.

3. Shopping

This week, I have been well enough to go to the mall and such, but retail therapy in any amount can heal the soul! Whether that be Amazon, Wish, or the mall like me, shop ‘til you drop! Okay, maybe not drop, but you get what I mean.

4. Cuddle

I don’t have a significant other (blah), but I do have a handsome cat that loves to cuddle (after I feed him of course!). But, in all seriousness, when feeling sick and isolated, the best way for it to subside is to feel and express love!

5. Music

A good bop has always helped me get out of a cold. Here are some of my current jams that get me in a good mood: Loving Someone, The 1975; Sweat, The All-American Rejects; Guidance, K. Forest; Humble, Kendrick Lamar; and Only Angel, Harry Styles.

It’s always a terrible time being sick, but it doesn’t have to be completely dreaded. So, snuggle in bed with a cute kitty, listen to some great tunes, and shop! Oh, and, of course, take some medicine! Get back to normal as soon as possible.