5 Apps You Need On Your Phone If You're a College Student

These rockin apps are useful for college kids at every level!

557

In a social media savvy society, there are so many outlets to connect or make your life easier. As a college student, making things easier is something I will never turn my nose up to - that's why I have compiled a list of apps that make life easier for students at every University.

Shlacker, The College App

"We are THE College App! Shlacker was built BY students FOR students to help us stay us organized starting with revolutionizing the way we connect with our peers."

This app seems to be so easy that a monkey could use it! All you have to do is create an account using your school email and then you can instantly connect with other students on your campus that also have the app. Shlacker is roughly the same platform as any other social media app you already have on your phone - you can follow other people, personally message people, etc. It can also help keep you organized with a calendar that has due dates specific to your classes for all your class assignments. But what really makes Shlacker different than every other app is that it's ONLY for students at your school. Basically a school specific social media!

Quizlet

Honestly... everyone who has ever been in school before probably knows about Quizlet. This app makes it easy to create flashcards, study them, and even share the card with other students. Not to mention, by doing all of this online - you're saving some trees! I have used Quizlet many times to make flashcards for a test and even used the different studying techniques.

Pocket Points

Imagine if you got rewarded for not being on your phone in class - Pocket Points does just that! Not only will it reward you for that, but also if you're driving with your phone turned off. If you like money off your favorite treats, I for sure recommend this app! (I have personally gotten money off my favorite Dutch Bros drinks.) It was created by students at Chico State.

Mint

As college students, one of the biggest stress points is our money. The app Mint links your account and helps you to budget everything you might need. Life is much easier when you know how much you can spend here, and how much you can spend there.

One Note

I am personally a handwriting notetaker. I always have and always will handwrite my notes. If I had to choose one app that utilizes me to write notes on my laptop - it would be One Note. Like many other people, I am someone who favors simplicity. One Note is so simple and easy to use, it would be my vote for a note-taking app!

I hope that this list of apps will help make your college life a little easier! Having one year under my belt, I wish as a freshman I would've had an app or two that would help make every aspect of school, communication, and finances easier.