6 Money-Saving Apps Every College Student Should Download

6 Money-Saving Apps Every College Student Needs To Take Advantage Of

Aka how to spend while being a broke as f*ck college student.

483

Every college student knows the struggle of pinching pennies. Sometimes we sleep for dinner or swipe food from the dining hall for later. Buying new shoes is a luxury and eating out at Chipotle is a treat. It doesn't have to be this way, though. There are tons of apps and websites that will help save money on everything from new clothes to parking fees. Keep on reading to find out how to save a few bucks with every purchase you make!

1. Ebates

Ebates is a website that offers cashback on nearly every purchase you make online. For each store, there is a percentage of money that you get back. It builds up in your account and gets cashed out every three months and goes into your PayPal account. There are also chances to earn double cash back at stores or get exclusive coupons. Some cashback can get obtained in in-store purchases, you just have to link the card you are going to use.

2. Flightdrop

Flightdrop is an app that helps you find cheap airline tickets to anywhere in the world. You get a notification about a cheap ticket deal you can purchase. In the past, I have been offered $400 roundtrip tickets to Paris and $500 roundtrip tickets to Japan. However, they are only these prices certain days and months so there is not a lot of flexibility in that area. You can also earn points by completing certain tasks which will unlock your perks like getting flight notifications earlier than some.

3. BestParking

Finding parking and at a reasonable price can be a drag which is what this app was designed to solve. The app allows you to see the available parking spots and their prices in your surrounding area. This helps users cut down on time and save some money by finding the cheapest spot rather than parking in the first spot they see open. You can also reserve a parking spot in the app which can save you up to 50% off the standard rate.

4. Honey

Have you ever looked up a coupon for a store before hitting the purchase button just in case you find something? Honey is a browser extension that does that for you but in a more efficient manner. Honey browses and tries all the possible coupons found for that website so you don't have to manually try each one. Honey also gives you points with certain purchases made which can be saved up towards a $10 gift card to a store of your choice.

5. StudentBeans

StudentBeans is an app and website that offers student exclusive coupons and deals in everything. They offer deals and coupons on clothing, food, travel, subscriptions, entertainment, etc. It's free as long as you sign up with an account linked to the school you go to. You don't even have to be a college student to use this one, it is open to high school students as well.

6. UNiDAYS

This is another app and website that offers student exclusive deals and coupons. UNiDAYS offers a lot of discounts and deals for many websites you are familiar with or already shop at. StudentBeans has fewer options and tends to be less known brands. With that being said, it is worth it to use both because you never know what kind of deal you could come across in each application.