11 Apps Every Basic College Girl Has Downloaded

11 Apps Every Basic College Girl Has On Her Silver iPhone X

7. Tinder, the infamous hookup app

2621

Every basic college girl is pretty similar. They own at least ten pairs of the same black leggings, love Starbucks, are probably obsessed with their sorority and Taylor Swift, and of course, are team iPhone until the day they die. Much similar to their interests, the apps on every basic college girl's silver iPhone X are also very, very similar. Here are 11 apps you KNOW will be downloaded on every basic college girl you know's iPhone.

1. Venmo

If you haven't been asked by a blonde sorority girl in one of your orgs to "Venmo me!" the extra $5 you owe her, you haven't really experienced college. Before I went to college I had no idea what Venmo even was, but now I can't imagine going through life without it. It's a necessity to get your money back after splitting an Uber or picking up a friend's tab at dinner.

2. Uber

Honestly, how did people go out to bars without Uber? Paying $7 for a ride from your apartment to the college bar is SO much easier than trying to convince a friend to take a night off from drinking and play the DD. You know every college girl would rather just dish out a few extra dollars than pay taxi driver on a Satruday night. Uber is also great if you're like me and don't have a car on campus. While you may have to pay a bit more to use Uber than to take public transportation, it's a lot easier and more personable.

3. Snapchat

What is a basic white girl without at least thirteen different Snapchat streaks or at least three drunk Snaps every time she heads out to the bar?

4. Instagram

I'm not sure which social media app is more basic - Instagram or Snapchat. You know every college girl is filling her Instagram feed with pictures of her and her Greek fam, a ~casual~ selfie, something seasonal, and a picture or two from her nights out at the frats.

5. VSCO

VSCO is the app every basic college girl has, but typically doesn't let her mom follow her on. It's where all her ~aesthetic~ pics are posted, along with probably one or two images of her partaking in illegal activity.

6. HUJI

Who could forget the 2018 trend of everyone taking pictures on this app? While I personally never perfected the act of a hipster HUJI selfie, photos with that classic orange-tinted filter and date in the bottom corner were taking us back to the '90s every time we logged on social media.

7. Tinder

Ah, Tinder. The infamous hookup app. Even if most girls won't talk about it, if they're single, you know they have a Tinder.

8. GroupMe

Before I went to college I had no idea what GroupMe was. Now I can't imagine my life without it. You know every basic college girl HAS to have GroupMe downloaded, for her sorority and every group project she's kind of behind in.

9. Twitter

Although I wouldn't argue that Twitter is the supreme, most basic of the basic social media app, it's something for basic girls everywhere to scroll through when they're not paying attention during the history lecture.

10. Spotify

Now, there may be a debate between the basics for Team Spotify and Team Apple Music, if she's got any sense in her brain she'll have Spotify downloaded on her phone and constantly streaming through her ears.

11. Buzzfeed

Buzzfeed quizzes and basic college girls go together like chips and guac. It's a match made in heaven.