34 "Gilmore Girls" Episodes That Hit You Right In The Feels

Grab the tissues, pour some coffee and break open the Pop-Tarts, it's time to reminisce.

2549
flickr

It's hard to believe its finale was over a decade ago. It's even crazier to imagine it first aired over seventeen years ago. I'm talking about "Gilmore Girls," not that it needs any introduction. In fact, I bet you've got the infectious theme song stuck in your head right now as you sway along to the beat (shout out to Carole King). A show that circled around the close-knit relationship between a single mother raising her daughter in a small town in Connecticut called Stars Hollow, which I'm sure everyone, including myself, wishes they could live there.

What made "Gilmore Girls" so great was the fact that it wasn't always perfect. Much like in real life, we tend to deal with certain issues when it comes to friendships, family, love, heartbreak and growing up and the show always made sure to give us both the good and bad times with them. Let's not also forget the witty one-liners, fast-paced talking and my ultimate reason for loving coffee and junk food just a little too much. Throughout its seven seasons, "Gilmore Girls" delivered some pretty memorable episodes. Ones that made you laugh out loud and cry uncontrollably.

I'm sure there are much more and I bet I missed some as well, but here are, for me, the 34 "Gilmore Girls" episodes that hit you right in the feels. Grab your tissues, pour some coffee and break open the Pop-Tarts, it's time to reminisce.

1. "Pilot" (Season 1, Episode 1)

The episode that started it all. The first time you see the opening montage and theme song that you'll eventually be singing along too. The first time we get introduced to all the characters and start picking our favorite ones and matching people up together and already begin to predict how their lives will change throughout each season.

2. "Rory's Dance" (Season 1, Episode 5)

The first episode where we see Lorelai and Rory having their first fight. What makes it worse for Lorelai is the fact that her own mother was there to catch her in her worst moment, making their estranged relationship nowhere near better.

3. "Rory's Birthday Parties" (Season 1, Episode 6)

Only the very beginning of some epic parties to be thrown. But the saddest part of the entire episode has to be when Emily comes to the sad realization that she doesn't know Rory or her own daughter like she thought.

4. "Forgiveness And Stuff" (Season 1, Episode 10)

Richard has a heart attack, but the tears aren't done there until you finish hearing Emily's speech to him. That is if you can get through it all.

5. "The Breakup Part II" (Season 1, Episode 17)

Breakups are hard, especially when it's your first. And as much as Rory tries to continue on like nothings wrong her mother's right. Sometimes you just need to wallow, have a good cry and let it all come out.

6. "Love, Daisies, And Troubadours" (Season 1, Episode 21)

If you didn't cry enough when Rory finally tells Dean she loves him, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be bawling once you see the most romantic proposal ever.

7. "Hammers And Veils" (Season 2, Episode 2)

Lorelai and Emily have had their fair share of fights but this one really strikes a chord. It's one of the sadder parts of the show because you really start to see how much these two still need to work out.

8. "Red Lights On The Wedding Night" (Season 2, Episode 3)

It's the moment we've already known, Lorelai finally realizes she can't marry Max Medina and she needs to run away. It's a quick moment but still gets the job done and will leave you sobbing.

9. "Dead Uncles & Vegetables" (Season 2, Episode 17)

Luke plans his Uncle Louie's funeral assuming no one will show up for his cranky relative. But that doesn't end up happening and seeing those revolutionary war re-enactors is enough to bring you to tears.

10. "Lorelai's Graduation Day" (Season 2, Episode 21)

Lorelai and her parents may not have always had the greatest relationship. But you'll be tearing up the same way Emily does by the time you're done watching.

11. "I Can't Get Started" (Season 2, Episode 22)

Just when you think Lorelai and Christopher can finally work things out, he decides to go back to his pregnant girlfriend. On a lighter note, we get to see my favorite couple just beginning to blossom. Long live Team Jess.

12. "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?" (Season 3, Episode 7)

Although it's my favorite event Stars Hollow puts on in the entire series, seeing Rory crying in front of the whole town after being dumped by Dean will guarantee you a good cry.

13. "Dear Emily And Richard" (Season 3, Episode 13)

When Sherry goes into Labor and asks Rory to be there with her, Lorelai reminisces about the day Rory was born. As hard as it is to watch the flashback to Lorelai's life be played out throughout the episode, this is where we really start to see the complicated relationship with both her parents and Christopher.

14. "The Big One" (Season 3, Episode 16)

We never doubted that Rory wouldn't get into Harvard. But finally seeing her dream come true when Lorelai takes the big envelope out will send tears to your eyes.

15. Those Are Strings Pinocchio" (Season 3, Episode 22)

Rory graduates Chilton and gives the most heartfelt and tear-jerking speech that you can't get through without bawling your eyes out. But it's the part where she talks about her mom that leaves me in a puddle of tears.

16. "The Lorelai's First Day At Yale" (Season 4, Episode 2)

This episode always reminds me of the time my mom first dropped me off at college. We both cried because we realized how hard it is to let go of someone and be on our own for the first time without one another.

17. "The Incredible Sinking Lorelai's" (Season 4, Episode 14).

No one is having a good day. Lorelai is having trouble raising money for the inn and Rory is feeling overwhelmed with her school work. Both end up crying in the arms of men they trust but only because they keep missing each other.

18. "Last Week Fights, This Weeks Tights" (Season 4, Episode 21)

After waiting for what seems like forever for a Lorelai and Luke moment, we get one through a romantic dance that leaves you smiling through your tears.

19. "Raincoats & Recipes" (Season 4, Episode 22)

A lot of milestones happen in this episode. Luke and Lorelai finally kiss and Rory loses her virginity to Dean who's still married. This episode will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride the entire time.

20. "Written In The Stars" (Season 5, Episode 3)

Luke and Lorelai's first date leaves with him saying he's all in and us all in tears.

21. "Emily Says 'Hello'" (Season 5, Episode 9)

It's hard not to fight back the tears when you see Emily crying alone at home after going on a date with a man that isn't Richard.

22. "Say Something" (Season 5, Episode 14)

Watching Rory trying to comfort her mom after her and Luke break up is enough to make you want to cry along with them.

23. "So...Good Talk" (Season 5, Episode 16)

Luke shows up at Lorelai's door to get back together with a kiss that will fill your eyes with happy tears.

24. "To Live And Let Diorama" (Season 5, Episode 18)

Hearing Rory say those five words after getting drunk and laying on the bathroom floor are enough to bring anyone to tears.

25. "Blame Booze And Melville" (Season 5, Episode 21)

Hearing someone tell you that you're not good enough for a career you've always wanted is the worst, especially when it's your boyfriend's father. Seeing the way Rory reacts to it too will make you cry.

26. "A House Is Not A Home" (Season 5, Episode 22)

So many emotions range through this episode. Between Rory stealing a yacht, dropping out of Yale and going behind her mom's back to living with Emily and Richard and Lorelai proposing to Luke at the very last few minutes of the episode, you'll want to have tissues ready at every moment.

27. "Twenty-One Is The Loneliest Number" (Season 6, Episode 7)

In honor of Rory's non-Atlantic City twenty-first birthday part they both planned to do due to their estrangement, cry some tears for them not being able to get it together.

28. "Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing..." (Season 6, Episode 8)

Rory's Life isn't going too great. But leave it to Jess to come in and give her some tough love and help her come to her senses. Also, him telling her he wouldn't have been able to write his book if it wasn't for her will make your heart ache for these once lovers.

29. "The Prodigal Daughter Returns" (Season 6, Episode 9)

We can all cry happy tears for Lorelai and Rory's long awaited reunion that took much longer than we wanted.

30. "Partings" (Season 6, Episode 22)

Partings are such sweet sorrows, and both of the Gilmore girls are feeling it. Between Rory saying goodbye to Logan as he goes to London and Lorelai giving Luke an ultimatum about putting the wedding on hold, which then leaves us shocked to find out at the end that Lorelai sleeps with Christopher. My emotions can't take all this.

31. "The Long Morrow" (Season 7, Episode 1)

It's impossible to keep it together when watching Luke try to get Lorelai to elope only for her to tell him she slept with Christopher.

32. "I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia" (Season 7, Episode 13)

After Richard's collapse in the final moments of the last episode, this episode will leave you even more emotional.

33. "Lorelai? Lorelai" (Season 7, Episode 20)

If you didn't cry during Lorelai's karaoke rendition of "I Will Always Love You" --that's so obviously dedicated to Luke-- you're lying.

34. "Bon Voyage" (Season 7, Episode 22)

No matter your opinion of the final season of "Gilmore Girls," the final episode is deserving of all your tears.

I'm not crying, you are, Just kidding, I'm hysterical.