The 35 Things All Drill Team Girls Will Understand

It's more than just dancing in little skirts.

12680

Drill Team is a world of its own. Between football season, competition, and spring show it is a never-ending cycle that drill girls have a love-hate relationship with. Regardless if you are currently on drill team or still reliving those glory days, here are 35 things all drill team girls have experienced at some point or another.

1. "Yes, ma'am!"

2. Getting "5, 6, 7, 8" stuck in your head.

3. Practically dying from outside summer practices, especially my Texas girls.

4. Forgetting your beginning position right before performing.

5. "She's never even on her correct yard-line."

6. Having glitter appear everywhere, all the time

7. Feeling like Christmas morning when you get new uniforms/costumes.

8. The sound of the captain's whistle.

9. All the crazy and embarrassing stories that can be told from the downtime spent in the locker room.

10. Silently judging other teams while they perform.

11. New boots on fresh green grass.

12. They smell of icy hot always lurking around the dance room.

13. Dreading summer camp because you are never going to see daylight.

14. Constantly taking pictures in your field uniform like you don't wear it every week.

15. The struggle of having to carry large props around.

16. "We did that last year."

17. Wanting the best little.

18. Always being asked if you can kick your face.

19. The drama that comes with officer tryouts.

20. Panicking when you realize you forgot your poms.

21. All the moms with their rhinestone shirts and buttons.

22. "I did a dance to this song!"

23. Red lipstick on everything you eat after a performance.

24. Circling up for prayers before half-time.

25. Looking at all the old composite pictures.

26. Feeling so annoyed when you rip your tights, especially if they're new.

27. Hearing your team being announced for winning at Competition.

28. Watching the seniors dance for the last time.

29. Hat kisses.

30. "Do we pose on 7 or 8?"

31. The horrible boot tan lines you have from being outside.

32. Shinsplints.

33. Having team carwashes for fundraisers.

34. Every team has that one girl that is ALWAYS late.

35. "Point your toes!!!"