5 Things That I Wish I Was Good At

5 Talents That I Wish Came Naturally To Me

I may be terrible at all of these things, but I will still do them anyway.

1242

Am I the only person who sees someone do something and wish that I could that myself? Then when I try to do what they do a countless amount of times, I always end up failing miserably. This makes me frustrated because all of the people who are doing their respected skill makes it look easy.

It's really only with these 5 skills too. Here are 5 skills that I wish I was good at.

1. Singing

Singing is something that I love to do, but I am not good at it whatsoever. Whenever I try to sing at home, my dog cries until I stop, and I wish I was exaggerating on that. I never got solos is chorus growing up, and my friends would look at me with a stank face until I stop if I were to sing around them.

Singing is something that I am not good at, no matter how hard I try to be better at. Also, it's something that would be so cool to be good at because people would be impressed and mesmerized. As well as singing is really fun, and it would be way more fun if I was good at it.

2. Dancing

Dancing is something that is so cool to me. Whenever I watch Dancing With The Stars, I am so amazed at how well they dance. Dancers are able to tell a story without using any words, and all through motion. That's the coolest thing in the world.

Whenever I dance, I look awkward and it's not something people should witness. The few times that I have tried to dance in front of people have been awful and have made my friends Snapchat stories. Even to this day, I cannot do the floss or any of the Fortnight dances, which is why I want to be good at it. I just can't look awkward in front of everyone if I were to dance.

If you don't believe me you should check out my Instagram, @kathryndebois click the highlight "me dancing" and see how bad I really am.

3. Playing Instruments

media.giphy.com

I cannot play an instrument to save my life. Growing up, I played like 4 or 5 instruments and I was never good at them. Granted, I didn't practice them as much as I should have, but playing an instrument wasn't natural for me. People can pick up an instrument and after 5 minutes they're masters at it.

That was never the case for me. I would pick up an instrument and just constantly struggle with trying how to play it and play it well. Part of the reason is that I don't have a natural sense of rhythm and that's critical for playing instruments and dancing.

4. Anything to do with art

I have the utmost admiration for people who are good with anything related to art. It is something that I will spend 30 minutes on a beautiful masterpiece and then have it look like trash. Art is something I am not good at, I cannot draw, paint, sculpt, anything like that.

Everything I try will turn out to look like a little kid made it because they probably have more talent than I do. It's something that I've come to accept because I can't be good at everything. It would be so cool if I was good at art because art is cool, but it's totally fine.

5. Sports

I cannot play a sport to save my life. If you want to watch me play a sport, you might as well sign up to watch a comedy show. It's not something that I am good at, and every single time I try to play a sport, I end up embarrassing myself.

Sports are something that requires something called coordination, and that's something that I don't have, as I tend to trip over flat ground on a daily basis. It would be awesome to be good at sports because they're a great way to stay in shape, but it's not for me.

Overall, I may not be the best at these 5 things, but I'm still going to do them whenever I can. If I embarrass myself then, oh well, it won't hurt anyone and I'll have fun while doing them. I will sing in my car, I will dance awkwardly whenever, I will play an instrument when I find one, I will play sports when I can, and I will draw whenever I can because I still find all of these things fun.

Nobody can stop me, and the only thing that will get hurt is me when I fail miserably at sports. If you suck at something, still do it if you get enjoyment out of it. Don't worry about anyone else's opinion, it doesn't matter as long you're having fun.