3 Potential Stars In The Upcoming NBA Draft

All Star Rookies

6
De'Aaron Fox / Twitter

In case you didn't know, the crop entering the NBA this year is a good one. The talent in this draft is so good, it's drawing comparisons to the 2003 draft that held superstars Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh. With that being said, here are the players that I believe have the best chance of becoming the next generation of superstars.

1. Markelle Fultz (6'4, 190 lbs)

School: University of Washington

The prize of the 2017 NBA draft is Markelle Fultz. In a class full of potential stars, no one shines brighter than him. There's not much to say about him that hasn't already been said. He can do it all on the basketball court offensively. His creativity attacking the basket is second to none in this draft class paired with a jump shot beyond his years and we have the makings of a future star. He's even drawing comparisons to NBA MVP candidate James Harden of the Houston Rockets. The sky is truly the limit for Markelle and that's why he's first on my list.

2. De'Aaron Fox (6'3, 170 lbs)

School: University of Kentucky

A player I think that has superstar potential is De'Aaron Fox. He has intangibles you want from your lead guard position. I believe the number one aspect to De'Aaron is his passion for the game. After losing in the NCAA tournament, he was balling his eyes out. That shows he genuinely cared and was invested in winning. This showed in his play style. Fox is considered by many the best defender and quickest prospect at the PG position in this draft. Those qualities are crucial when trying to change the culture of a losing NBA franchise. The only glaring weakness that people have on De'Aaron are his size and shakey jumper. Give him a few seasons of being in a prostyle program and those issues should correct themselves. Stardom will be sure to follow.

3. Jayson Tatum (6'8, 205 lbs)

School: Duke University

When thinking of the name of Jayson Tatum, one word comes to mind...smooth. No one in the draft is more advanced than Jayson Tatum. He has the footwork, the length, and the jumper to dominate opposing players guarding him. Few players could keep up with him in college and the way his game is built, there's a strong chance that can translate to the NBA. Tatum falls in the range of a more athletic Paul Pierce at worst. At his best, he could potentially be the second coming of Carmelo Anthony. Either way Tatum should be pure buckets at the next level. That's why I have him pegged as a potential superstar.

Honorable mentions:

Dennis Smith, Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson