Winners And Losers Of 2019 NBA Offseason

4 Winners And Losers Of The 2019 NBA Offseason

As the NBA offseason goes into full swing, some teams have been winners, while others have been losers.

6

When determining whether or not a team is a winner or a loser, it can be what they picked up in the NBA Draft, free agents they would have signed, or any blockbuster trades that said team participated in. This year, there have been many major changes around the landscape of the NBA this offseason. While many teams have made significant upgrades to their rosters, some teams have let the dream of winning an NBA title wait another year. Here are some of the teams I think won or lost the NBA offseason this year.

Los Angeles Lakers (Winners)

@nbaontnt

On a scale from one to ten, this offseason has been an eight and a half for Lakers fans. In a dream world, another superstar free agent, like Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, etc., would have signed with the Lakers. After months of trying, the Lakers were finally able to make a deal to trade for Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans. They also were able to sign free agent DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins to a one year deal. After Magic Johnson stepped down from President of Basketball Operations following the 2018-2019 season, the new management has made it clear they will push all their chips onto the table to win a ring while LeBron James is in town.

New Orleans Pelicans (Winners)

@zionwilliamson

"And with the first pick in 2019 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select Zion Williamson from Duke University."

That's all you really need to know; Zion Williamson will be a generational talent in the NBA. After playing in his first Summer League game, he stripped the ball and embarrassed Kevin Knox of the New York Knicks. The Pelicans also were able to add Lonzo Ball, while he never showed his true potential with the Lakers. Now playing in a small market team, he can really show his worth. In the aforementioned trade for Anthony Davis, Josh Hart was traded to the Pelicans. Hart was a scrappy player with Vilanova, who can help by getting 15 points, and seven assists per game.

Los Angeles Clippers (The Biggest Winner)

@laclippers

For what could possibly the first time in the history of the Clippers-Lakers rivalry, the Los Angeles Clippers may not be a little brother anymore. After signing reigning NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard and trading for All-Star Paul George. the Clippers are going to have one of the most feared lineups in the NBA going into 2019. Paul George always wanted to play for the Lakers, but now he's teamed up with one of the best players on the planet, and can finally get that elusive ring he has been chasing his whole career.

New York Knicks (The Biggest Loser)

@nyknicks

For many Knicks fans, they were drooling at the fact that going into next year, they are going to have Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and Zion Williamson all on the same team. Fast forward a few months, and instead, the Knicks got RJ Barrett, who isn't any slouch, but not the player that Zion Williamson will be, and Julius Randle, again a good player, but not even close to Kyrie Irving or Kevin Durant. To make matters worse, two of the three players are going to be playing down the street from Madison Square Garden with the Brooklyn Nets. For Knicks fans, one positive is they can play that 2-week vacation to the Cayman Islands in June because the Knicks won't be doing anything important next year in June.