How Excited Are You For The Upcoming 2016 Olympics In Rio?

I'm excited, are you?

12

We all know that the 2016 summer Olympics is fast approaching, just a couple more weeks we get to see the Olympic stars compete to see who can win Gold, Silver, and Bronze. We will also see if the newcomers in the Olympics can make a name for themselves and if the Olympians that have been in the Olympics in the past do as well as they did in the previous Olympics.

The Olympics will be held in Rio. Oh, how it would be fun to go there one day. Rio has been a big controversy because of the disease that is going around. They thought about not holding the Olympics there, but in the end, they decided to keep the location to where it was. Also making sure it is a safe place for people to come and watch the Olympics.

There are many returning Olympians, Such as Michael Phelps, Gabby Douglas and Missy Franklin, all great competitors. For Michael, this will probably be his last Olympics for his career.

There are always Olympic trials to make the Olympic team. Michael Phelps barely made the USA swimming team and Gabby also were not going to be able to go to Rio with the USA gymnastics team and like Michael and Gabby Missy barely made the Olympics herself. But they all made it and we are so glad.

Michael Phelps made headlines when he won 8 gold medals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics matching the record of gymnast Aleksadr Dityatin. He is a swimming superstar. Out of his Olympic career he has earned 22 medals out of that 22, 18 of them have been gold, pretty impressive in my book. Michael strength in swimming has always been the butterfly, which he got a lot of his medals for.

Gabby Douglas does not have as much experience as Michael Phelps does. She is a gymnastics superstar. This will be her second Olympics that she has been in. The 2012 London Olympics she dominated in the gymnastics arena. She made two records when she was only 16, she was the first African-American gymnast to become the all-around Olympic champion and the first female champion to win both of the team and all-around gold in the one Olympic.

Missy Franklin is in the same boat as Gabby, this will be her second Olympic. She is also an Olympic swimming star along with Michael. Like Michael, she also has quite a bit of Medals herself. She is a four-time Olympic medalist. She also holds some records, she holds the record of 100-meter backstroke and the record for the 200-meter backstroke. In both of those, she got the gold. She also got one other gold in her Olympic career, in the 800 freestyle.

The 2016 Olympics will be extremely interesting. We get to see Michael Phelps last Olympic game and we get to see if Gabby and Missy can have the same luck they did 4 years ago.

I don’t know about you, but I am excited to sit in front of the TV to watch the 2016 Rio summer Olympics.