5 Songs Tony Stark Has Definitely Blasted As Iron Man

Iron Man, Iron Maiden, iron playlist!

7385

If you've never thought about what kind of music Iron Man would bop to, where even have you been? As a diehard Marvel fan, I've done more than my own fair share of reading up on canon facts, fics, and more when it comes to Tony Stark.

One of my first loves, RDJ's egocentric billionaire-turned-world saver is for real the love of my life. As a metalhead, who wouldn't? Tony has an impeccable music taste! We already know he tinkers to Suicidal Tendencies, per the first film in the franchise, so... keeping true to MCU lore, I present to you five songs that Tony would most definitely blast through the Iron Man suit.

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica, 1984

In the comic series Iron Man: Hypervelocity, Tony makes many references to an extensive playlist "heavily skewed" to '80s metal. If you don't have Metallica in that playlist, who even are you? This is a good track that perhaps compliments ACDC's Hell's Bell's featured as a prominent in the franchise.

"Amerika" - Rammstein, 2004

I imagine an alternative universe where Tony is a hardcore Euro metal fan. I am also completely confident that Tony would appreciate this song because I feel as if he becomes disenchanted with the uber materialism, flippant view of struggle in other countries, and the overall push for "Americanization" that he starts to take notice of following the first film...

"Back in the Saddle" - Aerosmith, 1976

I can see Iron Man digging in and working in his shop, be it on a muscle car or the latest Stark technologies. I feel like this is one of those songs that gets the ol' Stark blood pumpin', especially when he needs to be most in the zone.

"Irresistible" - Fall Out Boy, 2015

I also have an alternative universe where Tony is a post-MCR emo who has a lot of feelings, and he needs this song to cope with his relationship with Pepper — especially pre-Spiderman: Homecoming.

"Mad Sounds" - Arctic Monkeys, 2013

"Mad sounds in your ears, they make you get up and dance"

Iron Man is a softie, and we know it. He is not always the rock solid, mucho charismatic sex god we see on the outside. Tony is a flawed man. He has made mistakes, but I still think he needs a feel-good song — even if this one is tinged with a bit of melancholy. This track comes from my fav Arctic Monkeys album, and I firmly believe Tony needs this one. I like to think he sings it sleepily to Pepper in bed on a Sunday morning.

I hope this playlist satisfies that MCU fix you were craving because I know it did mine. Maybe check out these songs for yourself, and see if you can find a little bit of Tony in each.