My Top 20 Favorite Modern Christmas Songs

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

11

If you're anything like me, you could use a little holiday cheer to brighten up your day during the pandemic.

During the holidays, nothing makes me happier than listening to some Christmas music. Of course there's the classic "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee, or Irving Berlin's "White Christmas," but I have decided to make a list of some of my favorite Christmas songs that are a little more modern. I also left out "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey and "Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber because everyone knows about those songs. If you find that you like any of the songs on this list, go ahead and add them on to your own Christmas playlist! Some will make you want to dance, some might make you tear up, but they will all be worth a listen, I promise!

1. "Underneath the Tree" - Kelly Clarkson

2. "Santa Tell Me" - Ariana Grande

3. "Ribbons and Bows" - Kacey Musgraves

4. "Christmas Lights" - Coldplay

5. "Christmas Tree Farm" - Taylor Swift

6. "Ho Ho Hopefully" - The Maine

7. "Only At Christmas Time" - Sufjan Stevens

8. "Sleigh Ride" - fun.

9. "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" - John Lennon

10. "Shake Up Christmas" - Train

11. "Blue Christmas" - The Lumineers

12. "A New York Christmas" - Rob Thomas

13. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - Mariah Carey

14. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" - Josh Groban

15. "Take Me Home For Christmas" - Dan + Shay

16. "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" - *NSYNC

17. "Step Into Christmas" - Elton John

18. "Litmas" - Shelley FKA DRAM

19. "Like It's Christmas" - Jonas Brothers

20. "What Christmas Means to Me" - John Legend feat. Stevie Wonder

I hope these songs put you in the holiday spirit and I hope you all have a very happy holiday!