Report this Content
During my time in college, I've realized that so many things considered "uncool" in high school have become "cool" or at least normal again. For example, riding a scooter to your classes, wearing a pajama groutfit to your classes, or napping in public in between your classes would have most likely been uncool in high school. In college no one looks twice.
But what I'm most excited about is that everyone goes all out for costume parties again, especially on Halloween. Unfortunately, Halloween stores are expensive and college is even more expensive. Because of this I've noticed more and more people making their own costumes with what they already have rather than buying pre-made costumes from the store.
Here is a list of easy DIY costumes you can make at a low cost and almost entirely from things in your or your friends' closets:
1. Emperor Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove
2. Derek or Mugatu from Zoolander
3. Moira from American Horror Story
4. Mia Wallace or Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction
6. Darla from Finding Nemo
7. Penny Proud from The Proud Family
8. Regina George from Mean Girls
9. Damian from Mean Girls
10. Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family
11. Deb from Napoleon Dynamite
12. Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians
13. Spongebob or Patrick from Spongebob
14. Mermaid Man or Barnacle Boy from Spongebob
15. Velma from Scooby Doo
16. Cosmo or Wanda from The Fairly OddParents
17. Jigsaw's Puppet from Saw
18. Angelica Pickles and Susie Carmichael from Rugrats
19. Mary Poppins
20. Bert Macklin and Janet Snakehole from Parks and Recreation
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.