18 Super Bowl Halftime Show Ideas

18 Super Bowl Halftime Show Ideas

Lady Gaga was great, but it's time to mix it up!

679
18 Super Bowl Halftime Show Ideas
CNN

Last week's Super Bowl in Houston was one that will certainly go down in history. Not just the game, but particularly the halftime show. Lady Gaga killed it! Watching her inspired me to think of my own halftime show ideas. Let's be honest for a moment. We all watch this game for the halftime show. So, here are 18 Super Bowl halftime show ideas that must happen in the near future:

1. Reenactment of the Bubble Bowl.

Of course, everyone who grew up with Spongebob has always wanted to see the Bikini Bottom marching band perform. But, what if we actually made this happen. We get people to wear costumes of all the Spongebob characters and have them perform a medley of songs from the show like "The F.U.N. Song" or "Campfire Song," ending with their epic arrangement of "Victory." That would undoubtedly be an unforgettable halftime show.

2. Epic Boy Band Reunion

It would be great to get at least one of the boy bands to come back for a halftime show, but what if we got them all! Okay, not all. Still, we could get *NSYNC, The Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block. There are so many who can bring that nostalgia! *cough cough* Boyz in Motion!

3. Shaq dunks on Simone Biles

Don't lie and say you've never thought this would make an amusing show.

4. Chris Pratt sings "5,000 Candles in the Wind" to a shrine of Lil' Sebastian.

If you don't watch "Parks & Recreation," then you probably don't appreciate this as much as those who do. Yet, those of us who love this show would kill to see this epic screen moment performed live. In all honesty, though, I think everybody would benefit from watching Chris Pratt sing. I mean, he's Chris Pratt!

5. Terry Crews sings "A Thousand Miles"

We all remember this hilarious moment from "White Chicks." He already blessed us with his lip sync battle version of this song, but is it too much to ask for him to do it again? C'mon Terry! The world needs you!

6. Nick Jonas performs "Bacon" while throwing strips of bacon into the crowd.

It's already a blessing enough to have Nick Jonas perform at the Super Bowl halftime show because he's freaking Nick Jonas! But wouldn't it be so much better if he threw perfectly cooked strips of Bacon around while singing that awesome song! I think so! Just not turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is off limits. Nick, if you're reading this, do not throw turkey bacon to your fans!

7. Joe Jonas jumps out of a cake and sings "Cake By the Ocean," Then, we all get free cake!

It's Joe Jonas and free cake! Who would say no to that?

8. NFL reads Bill Belichick the rule book

Okay, so I'm being petty. I'm sorry to the New England Patriots fans, but admit it. There is a long history of scandals in this franchise. Still, I'm happy for you. Congratulations on your millionth Super Bowl win. Anyway, since the rules have been broken so often, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that the rules simply aren't clear to him.

9. Carrie Underwood sings "Before He Cheats" to Tom Brady

I'm sorry. I promise this is my last petty comment. I honestly just wanted an excuse to bring up Carrie Underwood because everybody knows she flawless! Besides, Tom Brady has five Super Bowl rings. He doesn't have to answer to the likes of me.

10. Zac Efron dances shirtless

This one is specifically for the ladies, but the men get to watch football. I think us girls, even the ones who like football, should be shown some love during the halftime show. All I want is for Zac to dance on a stage like he does in "Neighbors 2." I think that would be very entertaining! Maybe he could throw in a few push-ups.

11. John Stamos a.k.a Uncle Jesse provides us with a live version of "Forever"

"Full House" enthusiasts will remember this song. Uncle Jesse and Becky were goals! Let me just say that this song would bring back all the nostalgia. In fact, he should just bring out the entire cast to perform with him. He will have us all in tears.

12. Sandra Bullock with the water glasses

Miss Congeniality anyone? She could wear that cute skirt and blouse with those red ribbons on her pig tales. Either that or let her beat someone up using SING. (Solar Plexus, Instep, Nose, Groin.) She's Sandra Bullock for crying out loud! She needs her time to shine!

13. High School Musical Reunion

So, I know that Disney Channel already kind of gave us this reunion, but it certainly wasn't what I expected. I wanted them to sing and do all the dance numbers again. Plus, Troy Bolton wasn't even there. We need the Super Bowl to give us a reunion. A real one. That way we can all sing along to a medley of our favorite High School Musical songs. Then, we can show today's generation that our Disney Channel movies are far superior!

14. Rihanna performs "Pour It Up" while throwing $100 bills into a crowd of broke college students.

This is a great idea for a number of reasons. 1. It's Rihanna and she is perfect. 2. College students get money. 3. College students need that money more than she does. It's a win-win.

15. Anna Kendrick takes the stage with the Barden Bellas and provides us with some real, acapella magic.

We all went through a stage, or are in the midst of a stage, where "Pitch Perfect" was our favorite movie. Even if you did not, you can't deny that their musical numbers and dance routines are catchy. They would be a unique halftime show. Plus, Anna Kendrick will be there, and Anna Kendrick is a beast!

16. Taylor Swift and Kanye West finally have that boxing match we've been waiting for.

And, by boxing match, I mean an intense rap battle or dance off. Taylor could rap "Thug Story" while Kanye free styles all over the place. We can make it more intense by having "Bad Blood" blasting in the background. Taylor can bring her squad in their leather outfits! Kanye can just hang from the ceiling rapping "I Love Kanye." It's the best Super Bowl halftime show yet. Let's all place our bets. Who's going to win? Wait. I can't. I love Taylor too much and Kanye is too talented. Maybe I shouldn't be in charge of this show.

17. Lizzie McGuire slays "What Dreams Are Made Of"

Admit it! You've wanted to see this live since you were a kid. Hilary Duff could just sing it once more for old time's sake. Of course, we can't do this without bringing out Paolo so we can boo him off the stage. That is almost fourteen years of anger that we need to let out. Sorry Paolo, but you pissed off my six-year-old self. Now, twenty-year-old me is going to get revenge.

18. Hannah Montana takes the stage and rips off her wig again, destroying the spirit of yet another generation.

Miley needs to put the wig back on! Just for one night! Then, at the end of her set, she can rip off the wig and crush our dreams all over again. Maybe, if we're lucky, she will jump on a wrecking ball.

So, all in all, I think the moral of the story is that the NFL needs to hire me. I can give you all kinds of good ideas guys!

Feel free to comment your own halftime show ideas.