Another year has come and gone, and a few people in your life probably have, too. However, there are those best friends, those soul mates, those better halves who stick around every 365 days that pass by. Their love and companionship are always constant, encouraging, and sustaining. And even though it's going to be 2017, I'm going to keep celebrating you, best friend! Here's why:
1. Because you are never slow to take my side.
Whether it be boys, professors, or other friends, you don't hesitate to support me. And that means more than you know.
2. Or give me constructive criticism when needed.
And if I am wrong, you're not afraid to tell me. Which also means more than you know.
3. Because no one is a better car jam partner than you.
Car rides would be far less entertaining without you.
4. Because you're somehow able to read my mind.
For the days when I'm tired, this especially comes in handy.
5. Because you talk me out of all of my stupid ideas.
I can't even begin to wonder what messes I would be in if you weren't quick to knock some sense into me.
6. And if you don't, you join me.
For all the times you can't talk me out of something stupid, at least you're willing to go down with me.
7. Because you tolerate all of my weird habits.
No matter how much they bother you.
8. Because you help make the ordinary moments extraordinary.
It's not just another sunset or just another trip to the city with you. It's the best day ever.
9. Because when you're present, you're fully present.
No distractions, no questions.
10. Because when you talk about being friends when we're 40, I know you're not lying.
We'll still be best friends, and our husbands will be best friends, and our kids will be best friends.
11. Because you're willing to take on my struggles with me.
Whether it be a tough class, a tough period with parents, or a tough time getting a job, my struggles are your struggles. And my victories are your victories, too!
12. Because you remind me to be confident in myself.
I'd be a lot less content with who I am without you celebrating me and reminding me to be confident.
13. Because you meet me halfway.
No problems are one-sided. It's a two-sided relationship, and you don't forget that.
14. And stick around when I take you for granted.
And for the times that I forget that, you're still willing to love me through it.
15. Because your love has been constant ever since I've known you.
I've never had to question how genuine your friendship was.
16. And I am convinced your soul is made of encouragement and sunshine.
I'm thankful for your positivity and outlook more than you know!
17. Simply because you're you, and you're worth celebrating!
I love ya forever, bestie!