15 Things Only Girls Who Feel Ugly Understand

You accept yourself 100%, but you also accept that you'll never feel pretty.

122128
Freaking News

We all feel ugly at some point Some accept themselves 100% but they also accept the fact that they feel ugly, that they will never have someone tell me “you are goals” or “you are a goddess” or “you are stunning.” They accept that they are imperfect in every conceivable way. They accept the reality of what they look like and the body they must wake up with each day, whether they like it or not...and somehow see the humor in it too!

1. You put on makeup, brush your hair, put an outfit together every morning and yet no one will ever notice.

You could spend hours putting yourself together but it will always go unacknowledged. The girl next to in class has gotten three compliments in the first 20 minutes of the lecture wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

2. You have at least ten things about your appearance you want to trade or get a refund for. If only you could cast the ugly out.

It's as if everyone can see your acne, scars, cellulite, and split ends from any distance. You feel the genetics lottery failed you, especially when you see a perfect family strolling by. If only my curse of ugliness could be exorcised!

3. No romantic interest from men or women feeds into your fears of being “too ugly” to be given a chance.

Every cute couple you hear about on Facebook is a punch in the face. People fawn over how perfect they are together when you can't even get one person to take an interest in you. You'll never be that person getting Promposals, roses, or secret love letters. You might even die alone.

4. When someone points out someone "ugly," you find it hard to laugh or agree because you feel you're no better off.

It's not easy when you feel like you're a fraud. How can you even agree with someone's comment when you yourself feel ugly. Sometimes finding fault with others just adds to your own misery, as if they are secretly referring to you.

5. On the rare occasion that someone calls you “pretty” you feel like they’re just saying it to be nice or maybe even lying.

Whether it's your grandma or your own friend when you're about to go out, you become suspicious of their intent. When they reassure you that you're not ugly, the next thought becomes, "So then I must be borderline ugly!" But you'll never be the person a random stranger (with no motive) tells "you're stunningly beautiful."

6. You look at certain girls and wonder what your life would be like if you looked like them.

From the girl two rows back in class or the celebrities posting their pictures on Instagram, there is always someone we wish we could look like. You wonder if you would be happier, sadder, or more confident. But anything seems better than how you feel about yourself right now.

7. Every time you feel somewhat attractive, you just have to look around the college campus or even Facebook to realize that you are far from it.

Some days you actually feel slightly attractive, but as soon as you step outside the feeling fades. No one notices you whether you're slightly attractive or not, so feel you might as well embrace it.

8. As horrible as it is, you try to find someone worse off than you. Some days, you find no one.

There's nothing worse than trying to make your situation seem better by searching out someone "uglier." You feel awful but secretly feel slightly better about your nose or nails for just a moment in time. For a whole minute you might even appreciate what you look like. Then again, the feeling is ephemeral.

9. It takes a million photos to find just one that you could let others see.

Taking a photo is a tedious task when you feel ugly. After a thousand photos clogging up your phone, you either give up or take the one you think looks the least atrocious. *sigh* Thank goodness for filters and camera angles.

10. Since you feel unattractive, some mornings you wonder what the point of leaving your room is.

There are mornings where you don't want to be around people because of how ugly you feel. Your crush won't notice you anyway even if you buzzed your head or got their name tattooed on your forehead.

11. You wonder if in another culture or country you would be a goddess according to their standards of beauty.

There has to be somewhere in the world where you are gorgeous! Maybe you would have to join a tribe or some crazy cult, but there is a place on this earth where your grade of ugliness is actually sought after! DAMNNIT, NO SEARCH RESULTS FOR ME!

12. But on the days you give up looking presentable (makeup, styled hair, etc.) people finally notice you and ask if you’re sick, reminding you that you are no goddess anywhere in the world.

When you finally relinquish your need to plaster on makeup or perfectly curl your hair everyone seems to suddenly notice. They ask if you're feeling okay because they're not used to seeing you so "natural." You're not sure whether to apologize or just sigh in defeat.

13. Only your pets think you’re the most beautiful specimen ever to be born.

Animals are the only earthlings who do not judge how you look. They love you exactly as you are and even worship you. With them, you're not afraid to be ugly!

14. In a photo with others, you always feel like you’re the ugliest one.

Everyone in a group photo seems to outshine you. You scroll through the photos and realize you are definitely the ugliest one! How can everyone be so pretty? UGH!

15. You accept that it’s okay to feel imperfect, even if no one around you knows.

In the end, you accept the fact that you feel ugly. No one knows that you harbor these emotions, but they are there. You embrace your ugliness and hope that some day you will be someone's girl crush, idol, or goals. Even if you're not, you are proud to be ugly and rock it wherever you are!!!