Baseball is America’s pastime and every spring ensures a spark of joy because spring training is like the month before Christmas for baseball fans. Are you over the top, maybe to the level of an obsession?I know baseball is great, but others may not understand. You may be obsessed with baseball if you...
1. Do research for your Fantasy Baseball Team.
2. Think of how many games you can attend over the summer.
3. Obsessively check spring training game scores to see how your team is doing.
4. Keep an eye on your day to day (DTD) players and predicting if your favorites will be OK for opening day.
5. Buy all your team's gear months in advance so you can be prepared to support them.
6. Get chills from the 7th inning stretch. There is something about singing “Take Me Out To The Ball Game” with thousands of people.
7. Get mad at your boss for scheduling you for day shifts because you miss most of the opening games.
8. Feel like your team is made up of long lost friends.
9. Know more about your favorite player’s personality and life than you would like to admit.
10. You want to marry at least one guy on the team. Those baseball pants, though!
11. Find yourself talking to the TV, giving your man a pep talk because he is having an off game.
12. Get downright mad if the manager doesn’t pull the pitcher and blows the game.
13. Question why you're still in college when you could just apply at Comerica Park and be part of the baseball scene for every home game.
14. The New York Yankees are a bitter enemy (well, if you’re a Tigers fan).
15. You celebrate right along with your team when they do something amazing (may involve jumping and shouting).
You will run into people who think you are the biggest dork, but haters gonna hate!