14 Things Only Charleston High School Students Will Understand

home to some of the most talented students and teachers, and also the most bathrooms with no stall doors

538

1. Making genuine connections with your teachers.

CHS is filled with some of the most passionate, caring teachers in the whole world. I mean, sure, some of them are absolutely crazy, but for the most part they really care about the success of their students.

2. Avoiding the freshman hallway at all costs.

Small. Crowded. Loud. Why is a hallway your favorite place to hang out?

3. When entering the freshman hallway, you MUST give the death stare to every group of freshman that think it's okay to hang out in thE MIDDLE OF THE HALLWAY WHAT ARE YOU CHILDREN DOING!!??

SERIOUSLY AT LEAST GET OUT OF THE CENTER OF THE HALLWAY. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET TO CLASS.

SEE ALSO: 33 Questions I Have For Eastern Illinois University

4. Holding the bathroom stall door closed because none of the doors have locks for some reason??

5. Also, that one girls bathroom that has about 4 stalls with NO DOORS.

We just want to pee in peace. Please.

6. Carrying one million pounds of books and supplies all day because backpacks are forbidden.

And we all know there's one specific teacher that hunts for students that try to break the sacred no backpack rule.

7. Being in literally every club they have.

Charleston is a small town. Sure, there's stuff to do if you look for it, but not always for minors. You have to do something in all your downtime. A lot of clubs meet during tutorial, so why not just have one for everyday of the week?

8. We may not have the funds, but we make up for it in talent.

Best musicians, best actors, best athletes. Charleston has them all.

9. Dodging people in the hallways.

When you only get five minutes to go to your locker, go to the bathroom, and make it to class BEFORE the bell rings, no one is paying attention to where they are walking. It's every man for himself. Be strong.

10. I mean seriously, why are the hallways so thin? Like the one that leads to the cafeteria...what were they thinking?

Amazingly enough, people also like to crowd that hallway too. Honestly it's impressive, that hallway can only comfortably fit half of a person in the first place. Amazing.

11. No. Water. Bottles. Without. A. Doctor's. Note.

NO GUYS IT'S FINE I'LL JUST DIE OF DEHYDRATION.

12. Teachers who are in charge of so many classes, you have them for all four years.

I'm looking at you, T. Swim.
But seriously, our teachers multitask like pros. I really don't know how they do it.

13. EIU

Being right down the road from EIU has its perks. From collaborations to CHS student scholarships, EIU has your back.

14. You swear you hate it while you're there, but you start to miss it after graduation.

Good ole' Charlie High may not be as glamorous as other schools, but it has a lot of spirit.