Has anyone else out there experienced insomnia? It’s a real problem with actual side effects! I myself am an insomniac and let me tell you it is not a fun parade and I’m sure the other insomniacs of the world are all nodding in agreement with me. If you are a fellow insomniac, I’m sure you can relate to many different things on this list. But, if you don’t experience some things on this list, it might be a good idea to visit your local drug store and pick up some melatonin.
1. When sleep finally finds you at 2 am, you consider it going to bed early
2. You can function on only 3 hours of sleep
3. You are so tired and you can’t wait to climb into bed and snuggle up; but as soon as your head hits the pillow your brain in going a mile a minute
4. If you get more than 5 hours of sleep a night, it’s basically a miracle
5. Drinking warm tea and all of those other home remedies does absolutely nothing to help you sleep
6. You’ve seen all of the ridiculous late night TV shows and you secretly love them all.
7. As the night goes on, you start to feel more awake, next thing you know it’s morning, you haven’t slept but think you can conquer the world.
8. You consider lying in bed playing on your phone and watching Netflix sleepy time.
9. As you lay in bed you try making up your own dreams and tricking your body into thinking you're actually sleeping
10. You get your best ideas around 3 am
11. All of your social media presence happens in the wee hours of the morning.
12. Instead of actually falling asleep, you calculate exactly how many hours/minuets of sleep you would get if you fell asleep at that exact moment.
13. It takes literally hours to finally fall asleep
14.When you finally do manage to get some sleep, you have some weird dream that only confuses you when you wake up.
All jokes aside, insomnia and sleep deprivation are serious issues so know your body and it will tell you what it needs!