13 Things You Can Do Now That School's Out For Summer

What time is it? Summer time.

38
Flickr

The month of May is typically hellish in terms of school. By the end of finals you're drained in more ways than one. You probably look like you've been run over by a truck and you have to apologize to all the people you stress-yelled at, BUT the week after finals is the most glorious time of your life. The burden has been lifted and its time to party (of course my version of party is not that of an average college student, but here we go).

1. Go to the beach

The most relaxing thing to a do after a week in the books, is to spend a week in the sand! Just don't think about Jaws.

2. Hibernate

Spend some time doing what you really wanted to do all year, crawl into bed and never come out (except for when you need to eat, of course).

3. Eat 125.6 Pints of Ice Cream

The only men you need in your life right now are Ben and Jerry. Ice cream saves lives.

4. Hang Out With Your Friends

You remember them, right? The people you stress-yelled at? Yeah, might want to spend some time with those guys.

5. Get Around to Cleaning Your Room

If it wasn't a wreck before, finals probably turned your room into an episode of hoarders, and when your mom comes to help you move out, she is not going to like that.

6. Make a Summer Reading List

Summer is the only time you ever have to read books for leisure so make yourself a list and hit up that library!

7. Try Something New

Take an art class! Learn a new language! For like three months, the world is your oyster.

8. See Your Family!!

Its probably good for them to know that you're alive and well, seeing as you've probably been MIA for the last month.

9. Get a Job

Sadly, work is a reality even after school, so take some time to save up for next year, maybe a sweet spring break trip.

10. Take a Coffee Shop Tour of Your Town

There are few things that I love more than a good coffee shop, so taking a tour of all the good ones is a personal goal of mine. Maybe even venture to some other towns and find a good cup of joe there!

11. Binge Watch All the Shows You Missed

Finals don't leave a lot of room for keeping up with your Netflix shows, so its probably time to spend a week catching up (and doing nothing else).

12. Take Summer Classes

If you're into that kind of thing, you could always get ahead on those education requirements and spend your summer doing...more school.

13. Probably Exercise

I guess exercise is good for you, so when you find the time, take a hike or go for a run!