13 Rules For Improving Your Life By Rihanna

This is what you came for.

124
International Business Times

As a woman so influential in her industry and our culture, Rihanna has continuously slayed our entire existence and remained an idol and absolute boss on top. Hit after hit, along with a fearless attitude and the beauty of a straight up Caribbean goddess, it's hard not to look up to such an amazing woman. And if you say you've never blasted the radio and sang your heart out to "Needed Me" or got down at the club whenever "Work" came on you're just lying to yourself. RiRi truly embodies what it means to be a genuine yet tough person with an undoubted kindness and thick skin. She is always unapologetically herself- which is something we could all learn from. She's shown us that when the world seems like a hopeless place, you can find love and greatness within yourself if you open up to it. Here are a few rules inspired the Bag Gal herself that everyone should live their lives by if you're ever looking for some inspiration:

1. Recognize the need for a change.

You've already taken one step closer to bettering yourself if you can admit that no one's perfect- not even you. A lot of people lack the self-awareness it takes to acknowledge the fact that they have faults just like everyone else, and there's always room for improvement. If you see yourself as a work in progress rather than always stuck in your ways, the possibility for positive change is already closer than you think.

2. Realize your self-worth.

If Rihanna can teach us anything it's that there's a badass inside of everyone, and you should never lose sight of what you're worth. The sooner you realize that you're too young and have too much to offer to settle for anything ever, the better.

3. Learn from your mistakes.

The easiest thing to get down on yourself about is regret. But every little mistake has shaped who you are, so learn to appreciate your downfalls for helping you teach yourself how to get back up. Make every mistake a lesson learned and it'll never go to waste. Screwing up is a part of life, and a big part of the fun and improvement.

4. Don't letting other people's opinions get to you.

People will always have something to say, an opinion to give, a judgement to cast. But I realized what people say is more of a reflection on them than you. Once you stop caring what other people think and just do you, a huge weight will be lifted off your shoulders and trust me, you will never look back.

5. Make an effort.

It's easier said than done. Friendships and relationships revolve around making an effort, so never be the person that doesn't put in enough. Go out of your way to be the person you aspire to be even if it means just taking baby steps to brighten someone's day or show people you care. Practice what you preach and it will not go unnoticed.

6. Don't let anyone walk all over you.

This is a lesson most of us have had to learn the hard way- multiple times. People often mistake kindness or silence for weakness and take advantage of that. Never be afraid to stand up for yourself when something isn't right. The worst kind of regret is leaving things unsaid and not speaking up when you had the chance.

7. Don't let your past overshadow your future.

I think it's safe to say Rihanna has centered her life and career around this lesson. Whether it's a past friendship or relationship, don't let it consume your life. I think we're all guilty of overthinking things so much that we never really let ourselves move on. Don't let your past keep you from creating a better future for yourself, and trust that everything happens for a reason. Let go of what you can't change and focus on what you can.

8. Meet new people and let them in.

One of the worst habits you can get into is closing yourself off to new people and new things. It's great to have your own close group of friends but don't let that stop you from creating new relationships with even the most unexpected people. Be the person that's approachable and that genuinely wants to get to know anyone, and never limit your loyalty to only the people in your comfort zone.

9. Walk away from negative people.

I'm a firm believer that you're only as good as the company you keep. If you want to improve your life, improve the people you surround yourself with. Some people will only put you down and sometimes the best thing to do is to distance yourself from someone who doesn't bring any positivity to your life. Be proud of who you call your friends.

10. Acknowledge your triumphs.

It's a lot easier to beat yourself up over your mistakes than to recognize your accomplishments. Don't leave it up to everyone else to boost you up when you can do that yourself too. Give yourself the credit you deserve when your hard work pays off.

11. Keep life light.

Stop taking yourself so seriously! Life is too short and too full of opportunity to not enjoy every moment of it. Trust me, not everything is the end of the world even when it feels like it. Appreciate the good and the bad and roll with the punches with your head high and a smile on your face. It'll make everything worth while.

12. Stay humble.

No matter how far you go in life it's important to not let it get to your head. Never forget where you started and all the people in your life that helped you get to where you are, even when you're surrounded by greatness. Rihanna is a prime example that no amount of success should ever change who you are and how you treat others. Nothing in life is permanent, so stay humble.

13. Lift others up.

Last but not least, and arguably the most important is to always lift other people up when they need it. Like I said no one's perfect and we all need help getting back up sometimes, so have each others' backs and be someone that people wanna go to for comfort and support. Don't get too caught up in your own life to help everyone and anyone you can, because good karma will come your way and you will be rewarded. You will never get to the top by pushing others beneath you, and that's word to Bad Gal RiRi.