13 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Choose Suicide

I hope you decide to love the life you live.

218
Youtube

Thirteen Reasons Why is the current Netflix favorite that everyone seems to be talking about. If you are unfamiliar with the series, it involves a young teenage girl, Hannah, who is bullied and put through hell over the course of her high school career. After countless instances of assault, bullying, lying, and emotional/mental abuse, she ultimately decides that suicide is her only way out. Before that though, she creates a series of tapes describing who and why she chose suicide. Unlike Hannah and her 13 reasons why she chose to end her life, I created my own list of 13 reasons why you should choose to live.

1. The Future

The future is such a scary yet thought-provoking idea. Going through life, finding your purpose, what you were meant to do. The future is something to look forward to. "The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power."

2. Hope

Hope is the little glimmer of light that keeps you going. Expectations, desire, whatever it is- I hope you know that you deserve all the wonderful things life has to offer. "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

3. Mystery

As cliche as it may seem, life is a mystery. You never really know what life is going to throw at you next. You can either dwell on that idea or use to your advantage. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present."

4. Faith

Having faith that things will work out is worth all of the troubles and hardships along the way. With faith, you will always come out victorious. "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."

5. Power

To have control over your life. "Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."

6. Feeling

The ability to feel. Anger, sadness, love, joy. Regardless of the feeling, it is a sign that you're alive. Keep feeling. "Expressing my feelings and then the opportunity to share it with others is just such a gift."

7. Dreams

A plan for the future. Goals, aspirations, etc. "The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams."

8. Fear

What's stopping you? What do you have to lose? Face your fears, every last one of them. "You have the power to overcome anything you choose. Do what you fear and fear disappears."

9. Memories

Memories are a mental album of all of the moments you never want to forget. Don't let the memories stop. They are a reflection of how wonderful life is. "Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them."

10. Family

Family is not just blood. They are the people who are always in your corner, no matter what. Don't forget about them. "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."

11. Uncertainty

Like fear, this is something you should take head on. Although the thought of it is frightening, there is a sense of wonder. Who knows what's going to happen? You'll just have to wait and see. "Uncertainty is a very good thing: it's the beginning of an investigation, and the investigation should never end."

12. Love

I believe there is someone who was made specifically for you. I hope you find them some day. "Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another."

13. Proving them wrong

The best kind of revenge is doing something others said you couldn't. You got this whole life thing, don't give up. "I love to be pushed so I can prove myself because once again, I will."

You are so beautifully and wonderfully made and you deserve all of the amazing things life has to offer. Don't give up.