13 Reasons Why I Love Wearing Makeup

13 Reasons Why I Love Wearing Makeup

Work it, girl!

300
13 Reasons Why I Love Wearing Makeup

Makeup is a form of art. I could sit and watch videos on how to contour, where to put the highlight, or how to make overdrawn lips look cute for hours. Makeup is basically my own addiction. If I'm going out, guess who needs new fake eyelashes. Maybelline comes out with a new mascara, I am going to the store to buy it. Makeup is very expensive but I love wearing makeup everyday whether I need it or not.

1. I can perfect a wing like it's nobodies business.

Yes, I perfect my wings. I could do it blindfolded (just kidding). Perfecting a wing to where they both are the same length, thickness, and both straight is nearly impossible. Years and years of practice definitely helped get those bad boys straight.

2. I didn't waste hours watching youtube for nothing.

We all had to start somewhere... *Goes on Youtube and types in "Makeup Tutorials"*. All my favorite youtubers inspired me to keep trying with makeup. I always wanted to create a channel for beauty but it's a shame I'm too shy as a person. I love going on Youtube everyday to watch Meg (Ciaoobelllaxo), Jaclyn Hill, Trisha Paytas, etc. I'm perfectly content with all of their videos rather than Netflix all day long.

3. My face is a canvas.

Why go to Michaels and spend money on canvas' when your face is free? I could sit on my bed for hours with hundreds of palettes sitting open and a mirror wondering what colors to try out. Picking colors from a palette is definitely complicated but having some makeup remover wipes and a mirror, you could test all of those colors out.

4. I don't care whether I need it or I don't.

How many times have people said "you don't need makeup" or "you don't need it, you're pretty without it"? How many times have you wanted to jump at their throat because you can care less what they thought? Whether I look better with or without it, I am still going to wear it and spend hundreds of dollars on palettes and foundation.

5. Compliments

I could go to work for 4 hours and come out of work with at least 10 compliments. Everybody's makeup is different and nobody does things the same. I may contour different then the girl who complimented me and I might have helped her find a different way to position it on her face. Girls who do makeup learn from each other constantly. I love complimenting people about their makeup because it gives them that motivation that they are doing something fun and creative and it looks awesome.

6. False eyelashes... 10 out of 10

I get to the makeup section and I run to those eyelashes like I am about to finish a race. Buy one get one half off? Well, I might as well get two. Eyelashes make your face pop. I barely have any real eyelashes as it is so the more the merrier. You may look crazy and feel like a weight is sitting on your eye because of the lashes but yes, you do look like a 10 out of 10.

7. Makeup enhances my features.

I used to search up ways to make my brown eyes pop because brown eyes are obviously not as fun as blue. I learned that colors like gold, yellow-"ish", navy, and maroon make brown eyes appear to be lighter and look more like hazel. I also have really high cheekbones so recently I learned that highlighters are my new best friend.

8. Trying new products

Trying new products is literally my favorite thing. Considering I work at Walgreens, I get a discount on everything in the store. So of course, I damage my paychecks by giving it back to Walgreens with all the money I spend. Me and my best friend could watch Youtube videos and say "OMG I NEED THAT!" and of course, we buy it!

9. It's one of my passions.

When I wake up in the morning, I decide on what colors I'm going to wear, or how I am going to wear my eyeliner. I love doing makeup and I love doing it on other people. I could talk for hours about why I love makeup and it truly makes me happy and excited that I am talented in the cosmetic field.

10. Transformations

Makeup can go a very long way. Face makeup to body makeup and full body makeup are all creative things to do. Body makeup has become very popular. I went to New York City for the first time recently and experienced what body painting actually is.

11. Self-visuals

Some days when I am feeling less confident than usual and I don't have any makeup on, I truly feel ugly. Even though I know that I don't need makeup to be "pretty", some days I feel better with it on. I don't agree with people telling me that I don't need makeup because it is my own preference. What I feel is right, is what I will do.

12. Highlighting is L I F E!

Recently, I learned how to actually use highlighter... I know it's crazy. I never understood how to use it or where to apply it and boy am I happy I found its home. When I put that highlighter on my cheek bone.. Wow do I feel that much better. It brings out your cheeks and when you smile, as the kids would say... "It looks on fleek" LOL

13. It's truly so much fun.

Makeup is so much fun to do. It's a learning experience while you can enjoy yourself. If I didn't want to be an accountant in the future, I would have planned to go to beauty school due to my passion for makeup and beauty. I love that I can make myself the way I want to with just adding a little primer, powder, foundation, eyeshadow and some eyeliner.