16 Reasons Makeup Is An Amazing Hobby

16 Reasons Makeup Is An Amazing Hobby

Because who doesn't love transforming from a potato to Kim Kardashian?

12294
16 Reasons Makeup Is An Amazing Hobby

Makeup has been around for pretty much, well, forever. Seriously, even Cleopatra slayed those cat-eyes until 30 BC in Egypt. So here's 15 reasons you should slay your cat-eyes in Chemistry—unless it's an 8 a.m. class because that's too early.

1. Makeup boosts your confidence.

Some girls are insanely confident without a drop of makeup on their face and hey, props to them for that! But, if you're anything like me, I look like a literal potato without makeup so I always feel better with makeup than I do without it.

2. You can't do the same thing twice (unless you try REALLY hard).

Makeup is a great hobby for people that don't like the same routine everyday because of this reason. You could be laid back with mascara and a little liner, or you could play it up with a hard crease and some bold lipstick. It's 100 percent up to you to decide how you want to do your makeup, and it definitely doesn't have to be the same thing every time.

3. It's fairly inexpensive.

Don't get me wrong, makeup can DEFINITELY get expensive. Like uh, hello Huda, I don't feel like spending $30 on lashes. But if you're like me, you're in luck because drugstores like Target and Walmart sell some awesome and inexpensive products. Professionals even use these products! So, you can look great and don't have to burn a hole through the pocket of your nice-butt-jeans while makeup shopping.

4. You can completely transform yourself.

No more need for Chris Brown to "transform ya," because you can do it yourself.

5. Makes for some kick-a** Halloween costumes.

If you have a bag full of makeup and some good lighting, you don't have to spend $100 dollars on three inches of fabric anymore. Seriously, forget the "sexy" cop costume and bring on the Sugar Skulls and creepy glass dolls.

6. You can make your squad look HOT on a girl's night out.

Every squad needs one friend who is amazing at makeup to be sure that you'll be the hottest girls in the club. And hey, if there's more than one, that's even better!

7. SLAY ALL DAY.

Who doesn't love being to walk around with your head held high because you know you look absolutely amazing. It's not cocky, It's confidence.

8. There's no such thing as "too much highlight." And there never will be.

Every makeup lover's favorite product is highlighter. It's practically impossible to go overboard with your glow, and that makes your highlighter so much better!

9. Makeup is a form of self expression.

Whether it's a sassy liner, bold lipstick or face paint, makeup is one of the best ways to express yourself. There are no rules to makeup, so you're free to do what you want with it and just be you.

10. You can wear as much or as little as you want.

As I said, there are no rules to makeup and you're free to wear none at all or go all out and wear a full face of makeup. If anyone says otherwise, they can Bibbidy-Bobbibi-Boo themselves out of your face because you don't need that type of negativity in your life.

11. You're constantly improving and learning more.

Makeup is one of those things that you get better with as time goes by. Also, there's always something new on the market so it never gets old or boring.

12. Makeup is a form of art.

Uh hello, it's called being makeup artist for a reason. It's not easy.

13. It's universal.

It doesn't matter if you're a man, woman, an adult, a child or what language you speak. Makeup is something that any person can do and any person can understand.

14. You can make new friends.

Makeup helped me bond with complete strangers, who turned out to be some of my best friends to this day. Everyone does it differently so its always fun to learn new routines.

15. There's all kinds of "TAGS" you can do with your friends and even your boyfriend (if he's brave enough).

Need something to bond with your new makeup buddies with? Look no further. You could pick from The Three or Five Minute Makeup Challenge, The No Mirror Makeup Challenge, The Blindfolded Makeup Challenge or, my personal favorite, The Boyfriend Does My Makeup TAG.

16. It's FUN.

Yes, makeup can be incredibly time consuming. But, in my opinion, it's fun watching myself slowly transform from a potato to Kim K.