12 Times Buffy Related To The 2016 Election

Because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is timeless.

23
medialey

We all need a break from this serious election talk. For many of us, we have been actively seeking out distractions from the madness that has become our reality post-election. While it’s important to keep the dialogue going and continue to spread the message of love and equality, it is also important to take care of ourselves mentally and physically. Here is the best of both worlds, from my favorite show of all time.

1. When Giles described your reaction during Tuesday night’s polling.
Season 1, “Welcome to the Hellmouth”

2. When you realized Glory’s minions were the real “Basket of Deplorables."
Season 5, "Intervention"

3. When Trump said Mexicans are rapists, murderers and drug dealers, and Muslims are terrorists...
Season 3, “Doppelgängland"

4....And you realized he knows about as much about Mexicans as Andrew does.
Season 7, "Conversations With Dead People"

5. When Giles described your reaction after the president-elect was named at the end of Tuesday night's polling.

Season 7, "Chosen"

6. When you finally accepted that the election really just happened.
Season 6, “Once More With Feeling”

7.
Or when people say “Trump is not my president.”
Season 3, Episode “The Wish”

8. That time Mayor Wilkins was another blond man with bad hair that we didn't want behind a podium. Thinking about Trump's Ascension, I mean, Inauguration yet?
Season 3, “Graduation Day: Part 2”

9. That time Trump said the election was rigged.

Season 4, “Out of My Mind”

10. When Clinton tried to point out Trump’s misgivings during the height of her email scandal.
Season 4, “Where the Wild Things Are”

11. When you tried to engage in respectful dialogue with white supremacists and those who believe white privilege is a myth.

Season 5, "Tough Love"

12. When you were emotionally drained post-election, and didn’t know what to do or how to find the motivation to continue on. But you decided you were an ally, a Social Justice Warrior, so you had to push forward and face each day as it came.

Because really, it could be worse. We could be on a Hellmouth.
Season 7, "Bring on the Night"