12 Reasons You Should Try Volleyball

12 Reasons You Should Try Volleyball

There's isn't a lot to not love about this exciting, high-energy sport.
838

I am currently at college early right now, practicing twice a day to prepare for a quickly approaching college volleyball season. Since my entire life right now is volleyball, volleyball and more volleyball, I feel compelled to write about why the sport of volleyball is worth getting into. Also, I just got done watching the Olympics, specifically Walsh & Ross beach volleyball, so you can imagine I'm feeling extra motivated.

1. Volleyball gets you in killer shape and gives you a killer bod!

You run, dive, jump, hit, squat, shuffle constantly and it's very fast paced. All this makes you get in tip-top shape.

2. Volleyball teaches you teamwork.

In my opinion, volleyball is the sport where solid teamwork is needed the most. It's a sport where not one person can just dominate the entire time. Every spot on the court is very critical. It's a 30 by 30 court, which makes you be in close contact with people constantly. Part of what makes volleyball such an amazing sport is that it's very team-oriented and teaches you how to work and succeed with other people.

3. Volleyball teaches you how to recover from mistakes and be mentally tough.

Volleyball is an extremely emotional sport in that after making a mistake on the court, you will get targeted directly after by your opponent. Volleyball truly teaches you how to shake off the bad and come to terms with it, although it may not always be the easiest.

4. Volleyball is aggressive...

But doesn't require too much hard core running like basketball or soccer. That's reason enough why it's worth doing.

5. Volleyball is a very intense and high energy sport.

It's quite a nail-biting sport. However, that's what makes it fun. There are some amazing plays that get made under a lot of pressure. These pressure situations makes you course with adrenaline from excitement.

6. It's a sport where you cheer a lot.

You high-five, you yell and maybe even jump of excitement. You can't do that in all sports.

7. It's fun to be aggressive.

Blocking, hitting and getting a great dig is probably one of the best feelings.

8. Volleyball gives you awesome friends and teaches you to work hard!

You learn how to work together with your teammates and also be accountable for yourself to be at practices.

9. You get to still look cute but play tough.

It's a perfect balance

10. It's a commonly loved sport regardless of gender.

In addition, any time you are at the beach, there are always people playing.

11. You get to have really tall and really short friends.

Regardless of height, there is a spot for everyone on the volleyball court.

12. You usually get cute new clothes when you join a team

...and free food!

What's not to love about this sport???