For those of us who are about to begin our final year at Holy Cross, we may not have actually noticed during our last three years, all the history that lies behind the home of Mount St. James. Take a moment to indulge in the following 12 facts that make up the beautiful city of Worcester, Massachusetts.
1. After Boston, Massachusetts, Worcester is the next largest city in the state.
2. A heart is used as the symbol of this city because Worcester is referred to as being the heart of the commonwealth.
3. The heart symbol may also relate to the fact that Valentine's Day cards were invented in the city.
4. Worcester is the second-largest city in New England.
5. It became a city in 1848.
9. Parks in Worcester include Elm Park and the City Common. Both parks are listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
Cover Image Credit: Wikimedia