11 Reasons To Date A Fraternity Man

11 Reasons To Date A Fraternity Man

Let's take a dip into the dating pool.
15

There are always stereotypes placed upon fraternity men. It definitely doesn’t help that movies and television shows are pushing this stereotype. Fraternity men are unique in the way that they show what it means to be a gentleman, and what it means to them to be a member of their fraternity. They take pride in who they are, the people they are with, and what they want to do for their futures.

When it comes to dating a fraternity man, you begin to learn the ins and outs of what it takes. You begin to find out what kind of person he is deep down.

1. They understand what sisterhood means to you via their own brotherhood.

It’s hard to explain what sisterhood means in words. It truly is something that you can only feel. A fraternity man gets it. He has the same feelings for his own brotherhood.

2. You can attend school events and Greek events and any event, really, together.

I hate not being able to attend an event because there might be someone who is not interested in going. A fraternity man is understanding about wanting to get involved in the community (school, Greek, etc.). He will probably attend the event with you because of this understanding and because he would get to spend more time with you considering your busy schedules.

3. Friends become mutual if they already are not.

What better way to expand on Greek unity than making new friends? His brothers become your friends, and your sisters become his friends, and from there, both of your friendships within the Greek community expand. Even if you are introduced to someone that is not in Greek life, you still have that one more friendship in your life. You always get to meet someone new. Isn’t that one of the important parts of college? Making connections and making new friends?

4. You can be all matchy-matchy and cute.

Sorority girls love being able to take pictures with their sisters in matching letters, and it’s just as fun being all matchy-matchy with your boyfriend. Not only do you get to match in letters, but when you go to dances or when you go out in general, you two can match and be cute or you can just be cute overall. #relationshipgoals (are hashtags still a thing?)

5. You always have a date to your dances.

Having to go through the process of finding a date to a dance can be frustrating and time consuming. Dating a fraternity man means he will be up for going to your dances. He has his own dances so he knows how fun any dance can be. He won’t feel as awkward at your dances because there will always be someone he knows there.

6. They understand what it’s like to have a busy schedule.

Living the sorority life means your calendar is pretty full with meetings, events, etc. That is just the same for a fraternity man. So, when you say you’re busy because of a meeting and can’t study with him, he will understand. He might even have a meeting or event at the same time.

7. They can get deep.

I wasn’t referring to fraternity men getting deep in their relationships. Yes, they definitely do get deep in relationships. What I mean about “deep” is that they show you what and who they care about and why they care about it. By hearing about why they are passionate about those things makes you see what his character is like. He opens up his heart to you about these passions, making you fall for him more and more.

8. He understands the Greek terms (big, little, ritual, etc.).

It’s not a bad thing if people do not understand Greek terms. It gives you all the reason to talk about how great Greek life is. But with a fraternity man, you can get on that deeper level and talk about what it means to be a big and how much you love your littles.

9. They understand the importance and secrecy of ritual.

Everyone (well, not everyone) always asks what you do during rituals, like initiation. Fraternity men know not to ask this because they hold the same secrets. They may ask you jokingly, but they know what it means for you to hold your sorority rituals to heart.

10. They help push you to do well in school.

In order to be in good standing in a Greek organization, you must be able to keep your grades up. A fraternity man knows that; he is in the same position. He works hard to study and to get good grades. He can be your study buddy and motivator to do well in school.

11. You can craft for him.

A sorority girl loves crafting, and adding your boyfriend to your list of people you can craft for makes it just as better. You can craft things related to his fraternity -- a cooler, a flask, a canvas, etc. -- the options are endless.

Dating a fraternity man means learning to make deep connections with the people around you. He shows you how to be just as passionate as he is. Dating a fraternity man means expanding your horizons and being able to share moments together.