The Ultimate Country Tear-Jerker College Road Trip Playlist

7 Tear-Jerking Country Songs Guaranted To Make You Cry On Your First Drive To College

I'm not ready to adult.

2654

Leaving your home for college is a bittersweet time. The car ride there is filled with tons of emotions about leaving everything you've ever known behind. Here are a couple songs and lyrics to help you get through that emotional car ride that will be sure to get you in your feelings.

"Don't Forget to Remember Me" — Carrie Underwood

This gets me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The very first line says,

"Eighteen years have come and gone
for Mama they flew by
but for me, they drug on and on,"

... and how relatable is that??? You will have a tear the first two seconds of the song. This is your first time on you're on, and you realize you're leaving everything you've ever known to start brand new.

"Yeah, I still feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be
but don't forget to remember me."

College is hard, but you just have to remember this is exactly where you are supposed to be.

"It Won't be Like This for Long" — Darius Rucker

College is supposed to be the best years of your life, and it really won't be like this for long, so it makes me want to take it in and enjoy. This song makes me excited for what life has to offer even after college. The song makes you realize how your parents felt like raising you, and now you are leaving the nest and it's your turn to experience life.

"This phase is gonna fly by
so baby just hold on."

"Never Grow Up" — Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift has a way with words, and this song just makes you want to be little forever. There is just something about being so young, and it's weird because you didn't even realize how innocent you were to the world at that time in life. Life gets rocky sometimes and sucks, and you wish you could be living in the simpler times when you didn't know all the bad things in the world.

"I just realized everything I have
is someday gonna be gone."

"My Little Girl" — Tim McGraw

Dads are the best, and half the time we don't even realize how much they love us and how much they do for us. They won't tell us, but watching us grow up is hard for them because we are their little girls. Their little girls are growing up, and this song just makes you want to go hug your dad and tell him you love him.

"Go on take on this ole world,
but to me you'll always be my little girl."

"Wherever I Go" — Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana isn't actually someone you'd want to listen to on a regular day, but this song is a BOP that will put you in your feelings. It makes you think of everything and everyone who helped you get to where you are, and how they will always be with you no matter what. That even though you're starting a new chapter in life, these people will be in your heart forever. I hold on to all the special people in my life that have shaped me into the person I am today, and I am so grateful for them.

"I've always got the memories
while I'm finding out who I wanna be."

"The Night Before" — Carrie Underwood

Almost everyone has that one person (lover) that they wish they could bring with them to college. It's so hard to leave them, but you have to realize you can't put your dreams aside to stay for a boy/girl. This song is also cool because it mentions the school I go to, so it makes it that much more relatable.

"Tomorrow shell be rolling down I-10
Baton Rouge, LSU
18 years in her rearview."

"See You When I See You" — Jason Aldean

Saying goodbye to all of your hometown friends and family is the toughest part about leaving for college. It's hard to think that all of the people you've been around your whole life, you won't be seeing every day anymore whether it was at home, school, or even the grocery store. You just have to remember that it's not goodbye forever and remember all the awesome people you'll meet in college.

"We'll laugh about the old days
And catch up on the new
Yeah I'll see you when I see you
And I hope it's some day soon"