11 Must-Haves Every Ohio State Girl Has In Her Closet For Game Day

1276
Photo provided by Madison Gregorio.

Game Day at THE Ohio State University is a lot different than any ordinary day. They are the best days of the year for us Buckeyes. Students come from all across the country with intended majors, athletic careers, aspirations and ambitions, but they all come together by one special bond on Saturdays: Game days. The tailgates and block parties are just as important as the game. It’s so important that many of us say that we help lead the team to a victory because what’s a team without its fans! However, the most stressful and important step is deciding what to wear to the activities on game day. There are several necessities as to what every girl must have in her closet before football season starts.

1. Glam Tank

Everyone has the standard school shirts, so I like to mix it up with something a bit more glam like this tank from VS PINK Collegiate Collection. School pride doesn’t get much cuter than that!

2. Face Stickers

Choose face stickers of any school logo showing buckeye pride. It is a lot easier to take off than a face tattoo after the game when we continue the celebration of (another) Ohio State victory! Stocking up on face stickers for game day is always a major key, and it adds the final touch on your rockin’ outfit for game day.

3. Converse

Almost every girl at each tailgate will have a pair of converse either high top or low top in red, white, black, grey, or all of the above.

4. Rain Boots

For colder, wetter games most girls will be wearing their rain boots, because they’re not only cute, but they are perfect for Ohio’s weather.

5. Knee-High Socks

High socks with the Ohio State logo or colors are perfect to pair with the Converse and boots, because go big or go home, am I right? These are good to have in your closet because they go perfectly with your Converse or your rain boots.

6. High-Waisted Shorts

High waisted shorts in denim, white, or black to pair perfectly with a top tucked in. High waisted shorts pop in the right color and gives you more of a dressed up look for the game! These are great to have for not only game day, but for a typical weekend at Ohio State.

7. Leggings

Leggings, especially sparkly leggings in red or silver to be paired with a jersey, or top for the colder games or VS PINK black leggings with “Ohio State” on them. Leggings are a girl’s best friend because they are comfortable and you can mix and match with any other game day outfit.

8. Sweatshirt

A long sweatshirt, or a rugby shirt worn with the leggings on colder days is a comfortable go-to game day outfit. It’s so important to have some of these in your closet because Ohio’s weather is not the best for most of football season, and everyone will feel and look better cheering on their team if they’re nice and warm!

9. Jersey

Any girl can agree that a football or basketball jersey that’s worn as a dress is one of the easiest and most comfortable game day outfit.

10. Ribbon & Bows

Bows are not just for your cute cousin or #tbt to your cheer years. It’s a great addition to any hairstyle you sport for game day making you look polished and full of spirit. Try a solid red, or mix of red and white, or create your own custom bow to show your team spirit.

11. Red Lipstick

Red lipstick. It’s bold, it’s vibrant, and a stand out winner for game day--- just like Ohio State’s football team! This will always match your outfit on game day and makes everyone look a little bit more #classy.

PINK embodies the energy, excitement, and fun of college life. Offering pretty and playful intimates, loungewear, beauty, and activewear, PINK has become a collegiate staple, instantly recognizable and coveted by girls all around the world.