11 Bible Verses About Anxiety

Satan's most popular weapon is Fear and he definitely knows who to use it against us. On the days that I'm overwhelmed or stressed, I find comfort in knowing that if I take a few deep breaths and trust in the Lord, that I will be okay in the end.

"Anxiety is a result of envisioning the future without Jesus"

Here are eleven bible verses that will remind you to cast your fears away:

1. Matthew 6:25, 32-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough trouble of its own."

2. Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

3. Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

4. Psalm 55:22

"Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."

5. Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

6. Psalm 94:19

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

7. Proverbs 12:25

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."

8. Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

9. 1 Peter 3:14

"But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats."

10. Psalm 42:4

"I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears."

11. Mark 4:39-40

"He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"