10 Ways To Make Today A Good Day

10 Ways To Make Today A Good Day

"This Is The Day The Lord Has Made. Rejoice And Be Glad In It." Psalms 118:24
34

The most important decision of the day comes in the morning. When you are lying in bed as exposed, and vulnerable as God brought you into this world, with a choice to make. What will today be? The mindset we begin our day in, is 9/10 times the mindset we end our day in. Choose happiness today, and keep it going! How? Here’s ten easy ways to make today, and every day, a good one.

1) DON'T snooze your alarm

"5 more minutes" is never really five more minutes. Choose to resist temptation first thing in the morning. You know how much time it's going to take you to be ready in the morning, that's why you set an alarm in the first place. If you’re late, you’re rushed and aggravated already. Practically setting yourself up for disaster. So don't snooze it, or your mindset for the rest of the day will be resentful of it.

2) Choose positivity

Don't give into to negative thoughts! When something doesn’t go as planned, don’t let it ruin your day. It’s important to keep perspective throughout the day, worrying now will do you no good, and lessen the potential for positivity in the current situation you’re encountering. Worry when your day is done, you have a clear mind, and adequate time to really address the situation.

3) Smile

Endorphins, endorphins, endorphins! Believe it or not, smiling results in the production of endorphins, which in turn keep you feeling happy. Yes, it’s that simple.

4) Mind your manners

Say your please and thank you’s. Hold the door open, even if it makes for an awkward run. And listen when your neighbor is talking. All elementary concepts, but still extremely important. When you give kindness, you receive kindness; and if you don’t give it anyway. In being kind to others you’re spreading positivity to not only others, but yourself.

5) Listen to your favorite song

Music is one of the most relaxing past times. If you love good music as much as I do, you know that hearing your favorite song can completely alter your mood. Don’t fight it—put on your favorite song and dance the blues away!

6) Exercise

Even if it's only a half an hour, exercise! A post-work-out high is so worth the sweat! A long with smiling, it’s a quick fix for endorphins. Plus, you’ll feel more confident and accomplished in knowing you’re taking steps (literally) towards a healthy lifestyle!

7) Take in your atmosphere

Notice the small things. The days are hectic, and it’s easy to get wrapped up in our thoughts, our current feelings, or a short-term struggle. Don’t lose site of the bigger picture. Remember that this life is so much greater, and so much more beautiful, than anything you are feeling in the moment; don’t take it for granted!

8) Read something

I’m not saying read a novel or anything, we’re busy people, and unfortunately there just isn’t enough time in the day. But there is enough time to read something short, and positive; hey, like this! Take five to ten minutes each day to read something that will better you. Either intellectually, or spiritually. Whether that means a blog, or newspaper article about a current event, make it a point to learn something new every day.

9) Let someone know you're thinking of them

It's so nice to be thought of! Chances are if you're thinking about them, they need a little love. Shoot a text, phone call, Snapchat, or whatever.. If you think they're Instagram post is "fire" tell them. If you miss them, tell them. If you're wondering how they're doing, ask them. If you think their shoes are cute, say so. It's such an easy way to better someones day and your own too. You never know what internal battles someone could be fighting.

10) Check off your to-do-list

Nothing's better than knowing you accomplished your goals for the day. Take some time before bed and pat yourself on the back a little. It feels good to know you did good, acknowledge your efforts. After all, the only recognition that really matters is your own.

"This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24